“Great late night meal!”

Senate Coney Island
Ranked #14 of 274 Restaurants in Livonia
Reviewed February 4, 2014

It was late and snowy and we didn't realize that they were closing not too long after we arrived! They were all so gracious and made sure they were completely taken care of! I will return when I come back to Michigan1

Reviewed December 1, 2013

If you're looking for a good coney dog, this is the place. They use "real cheese" on the chili cheese fries, not the canned nacho cheese. Food and service was great. Excellent rice pudding and coconut cream pie.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I lunched today at Senate. She order the Greek salad. I ordered a turkey Reuben. The waitress was told to have the sandwich grilled well done. She asked if I meant the turkey as well as the bread. I told her to have the cook make the sandwich and grill well cooked on each side. The meals came . I took a couple of bites of my sandwich. It contained grilled turkey. The waitress agreed to exchange it for what I had asked for. The second sandwich had turkey chillingly cold with a snippet of cole slaw on it. After one bite I exchanged it for a tuna melt. When I tasted the tuna melt it was insipid. Although the waitress offered to exchange it, I kept it and tried to flavor it with every sauce on the table. At the cashier's I was asked how I like it. I explained and paid for the tuna melt and the Greek salad and had left a twenty per cent tip for the waitress. A clod in a red baseball cap behind the counter chided me for ordering three sandwiches and called me a "grifter". I did not try to cheat them out of any money. I tipped the waitress and paid for the sandwich. Later, my wife was complaining that the salad had upset her stomach. Not only is the food now bad, if you complain they insult you.

1  Thank juliachildjr
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This place is packed most of the time. It's a very typical Coney.

Wide variety on the menu and they are fairly quick to drop a meal in front of you.

Service can be spotty depending on your server. Some people get it, others never will.

Restrooms can be a horror show at times.

Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

First visit was a Friday in March - the super friendly staff recommended the "special" Prime Rib Sandwich... they only make 50 (??) on Fridays and when they're gone they're gone! AMAZINGLY delicious... best French Dip sandwich you will ever eat. Been back 3 times since... and the Chili Cheese Fries are killer too!