“Friday French Dip!”

Senate Coney Island
Ranked #14 of 270 Restaurants in Livonia
“Friday French Dip!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

First visit was a Friday in March - the super friendly staff recommended the "special" Prime Rib Sandwich... they only make 50 (??) on Fridays and when they're gone they're gone! AMAZINGLY delicious... best French Dip sandwich you will ever eat. Been back 3 times since... and the Chili Cheese Fries are killer too!

Detroit
“I thought the customer was always right(?)”
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Have eaten here several times because its quick & USUALLY very good (for a coney island). My husband & I ordered our usual chili cheese fries, coney dogs! Something about the fries was off- they just tasted BAD. The manager (owner?) asked "how was everything?" I replied "our waitress was great, coneys were good, fries weren't good today!" So she proceeded to ARGUE with me saying "You're WRONG! Our fries CAN'T be bad because we cut them fresh daily!" I said "well perhaps it was a bad potato because I disagree!! I've eaten here MANY times with NO complaints & TODAY they were NOT good!!" At any rate- USUALLY I would recommend going there but after the argument & BAD fries I won't nor will I return!! There are WAY too many coney islands in the area for me to put up with bad service when CLEARLY I know what tastes good or NOT!! WHY ASK IF YOU WILL ONLY ARGUE ABOUT IT?

1 Thank divaoffdexter
Livonia, MI
“The Town's Favorite”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Everyone is town will be there for breakfast as the coney island is the place to be. Fast, friendly & a Detroit speciality. This is how we do it!

Livonia, Michigan
“Good Detroit Kind'a of Cooking”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The food here is typical Detroit "Coney Island". The hot dogs are excellent and grilled crispy brown. The Chili is thick and robust Greek style with no beans. Try the Chili-Cheese-Tomato Omelette ! Enough for two people to split.

Waitstaff is always friendly but there seems to be a lot of turnover. We had several instances of not all the food arriving at the same time and one person had to wait for their food until everybody else had finished. Awkward.

Very large restaurant and getting a table is rarely a problem. We have gone in with 12 people and they where very gracious and accommodating.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank FrankKal
Lansing, Michigan
“Solid Detroit Coney Island”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I now live in Lansing and miss my Detroit coney's. Senate is a Livonia landmark and offers up the greasy breakfast for after a night out or a coney and Greek salad for lunch and dinner.