“J Alexander's, Livonia Mi”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 274 Restaurants in Livonia
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

So my wife and I took some advice from friends and went to J Alexander's, and sure glad we did

It was a busy late afternoon when we went to eat dinner, we were seated promptly and our waitress was very prompt. We had the traditional steak dinners with salads and appetizers,, crab cakes were great and the salads were very well prepared. Steaks were cooked to perfection and the over food quality was a perfect ten.

Service, very prompt and food was cooked to order with no send backs
Atmosphere, nice decor rustic look inside very wide open high ceilings
Food Quality, excellent
Pricing, like I say in my reviews we don't mind paying when the food is good

The only draw back is because the establishment has high ceilings it gets a little noisy not sure what can be done about that but overall it wasn't a show stopper

Return? Absolutely....this is a place we would return to for dinner

2  Thank Steve R

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Normally I have had excellent service at other J. Alexander locations. The service that my party received today was absolutely awful. We had to nearly tackle the waitress to get any attention. Often we had to ask other wait staff for assistance. The food was so-so but I did not say anything to management about it. I will just go to another restaurant when I am in this area.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

J Alexander's is a great place for a memorable meal. Entertained Japanese clients who were hungry for steak and they thoroughly enjoyed it. Calamari appetizer was the only letdown, not very crunchy and the sauce was flavorless. Caesar salad was crisp and fresh but a little over-dressed. Ahi tuna was outstanding, cooked to absolute perfection with a snappy wasabi mayo sauce. Smashed potatoes were rich and creamy, a perfect accompaniment. Overall, a great dining experience

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Two couples for dinner on a Saturday evening. Had to wait about 30 minutes for a table at six and sat in the bar. Good Mojito's (made with Vodka). Fairly loud in the bar and at the table. consistently a good meal. We had the quacamole appetizer, prime rib, fish tacos, salmon, and the French dip. Service was a bit pushy, but with some nuance from us, got the message. No problems or surprises.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I travel for a living and eat out 20 days out of 30. I get so sick of restaurant food and am always looking for something different. I was pleasantly surprised with J. Alexander's. The attmosphere was eligant yet not stuffy. The service was second to none. The prime rib was probably one of the best custs of meat I've had in a very, very long time. I would definately go back to this establishment should I be in the area again. As a matter of fact, I would go out of my way to eat here again.

Been to J Alexander's Restaurant? Share your experiences!