“Mother's Day Mayhem”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 269 Restaurants in Livonia
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
northville,mi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mother's Day Mayhem”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My kids booked the restaurant for 12:20 Lunchtime - Someone took the reservations -but when we got there, We were told that they did not take reservations. After arguing, sitting at the bar for some appetizers for good hour, they finally sat us down at our table. We ordered our food, only to be shocked at the small portions and the overwhelming shocker of it all......>? The bill was over $250.00. I was not happy with the salad (browning) Steak was overdone to my specifications. My daughter's chicken was dry that she piled on the sauce just to eat it. WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK!

Visited May 2012

Saint Peters, Missouri, United States
“Upscale and relaxed elegance”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

2nd experience at J Alexander. Dinner last fall and lunch today.
Decor' is fashion forward and inviting. Wait staff is both very quick, responsive, and friendly.
I tried a grilled artichoke appetizer that was a bit over-cooked and chewy. My grilled cajun trout was excellent and the portions were- quite simply - huge.
Capped off lunch w a cappacino that was very frothy and served w a rock candy stick stirrer.
Overall a tad high for a lunch but good presentation, great staff, and large portions made for a decent value.
Its an excellent choice for a date or biz engagement.

South Lyon, Michigan
“Great Restaurant!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My engagement night started at this restaurant. I called ahead of time and the manager treated me like I was the President of the USA. My girlfriend (at the time) and I arrived during the dinner rush on a Friday night. About a 90 minute wait. When I gave them my name they smiled and immediately provided us with a table. Every 5 minutes someone would stop by our table to refill drinks, give us bread, etc. I had a limousine pick us up from the restaurant and our night continued (she said Yes!).

The food here is amazing, ask any locals. I highly recommend any steak-related item on the menu.

They have a separate bar that's much like the restaurant, higher-end. TV's available, only seating at the bar.

Atmosphere: Dark and classy

Dress: I'd recommend business casual to fit in with the environment.

Cost: Expect to pay between $60 and $90 per couple for drinks, appetizer, and dinner.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank mpsvsu
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“J Alexander's”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Food is very good, a little pricey. A burger without fries is $10 +, but is excellent quality and taste. Service is always very good.

Visited January 2012
Willis, Michigan
“great food and nice atmoshere!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is one of my favorite restaurants. I went with a party of twelve and everyone raved about their food and we tried many entrees. also great service...the only thing is it is crowded so you must b patient you may have a wait...but worth it!

Visited February 2012

Been to J Alexander's Restaurant? Share your experiences!