“Slapping fruit flies while eating”
Review of Logan's Roadhouse

Logan's Roadhouse
Ranked #137 of 269 Restaurants in Livonia
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Virginia
“Slapping fruit flies while eating”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

While eating I notice fruit flies "Nats" flying around our food on the table. My cousin decided to get rid of one of them by smashing it with a napkin. All of which made me sick! I waited until I finished my meal and paid my bill before asking for the manager. I was serious about this problem and
didn't want the manager thinking I just wanted a "free" meal.( I was tired from traveling to the area for a funeral so I was disappointed that I had to deal with this and not just have a good relaxing meal with my extended family.) The manager said the fruit flies "came in with the produce" and they were aware of the problem. Emmmm and to think I had a salad with my meal! Ok.

• Visited February 2013

ONTARIO
“Slow service. Nothing special steaks.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Wife and I went for dinner recently at the Logan's Roadhous in Livonia. We arrived just after 3pm. I noticed some signs for happy hour 3-6 and 9pm and they had some specials. We were seated. I asked our server about the happy hour specials. She showed us the seperate menus for those. The waitress seemed a little annoyed or busy with other customers. We assumed she must of had too many customers to attend to even though it wasn't that busy. It took her a long while to get our drink orders.

We ordered appetizers and wanted to order our mains right away but she didn't want to take our main entree orders right away. We both ordered some chicken wings that were on happy hour special. $3 for 5 wings or $6 for 10. We had the Buffalo wings and Bourbon BBQ breaded option. You can have them 3 ways. There are about 10 different sauces or preparations.The wings tasted good maybe a little undercooked.

I ordered a Bud light 22oz. Wife had a $2 virgin margarita that was on special. I also ordered a $3 house, happy hour special margarita on the rocks. Server suggested on the rocks after I ordered frozen said it was better. Margarita was good.

We then were served buns with loads of butter. These buns were hot out of the oven and tasted fantastic! Not a good option if your watching calories! We both then ordered the Steak and BBQ ribs combo. You get half a rack of ribs and we decided on the larger 12 oz portion of rib eye. We were asked how we would like our steaks. Wife order medium and I ordered medium well. Both steaks were overcooked. Mine was well done and wife's was close to well done. I've had better steaks. The steaks were not seasoned very well and very grissly and fatty. Rib eye steaks are more fat than other steaks but these steaks seemed to be of a lower grade. I always purchase Ribeye steaks and order them when I go out for dinner and these steaks were thin and probably one of the worst. Costco has the best Rib eyes!

We also received a baked potato for a side. It was alright but dry even with loads of butter and sour creme. Also you receive a salad. We both had the Ceasar salad. The salads were pretty good. A little too much dressing but lots of cheese!

We also tried the Mac and cheese side and some apples and cinnamon. They were good.

Our table was dirty with sticky food particles at the edge of the table. Found a used dirty fork in the back of my seat cushion. The plastic table cloth had rips in it. They have free peanuts at the tables and of course there is loads of empty shells on the floor. It's too be expected.

Overall the service was average as was the food. I would probably go back just for the wings, salad and buns next time.

• Visited January 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Not happy - Bas service (really bad)”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Took over 25 minutes to get my beer. I ordered sirloin/shrimp at medium rare. My wife ordered prime rib, also at medium rare. Mine came out well done and my wife's came out rare. Service was really bad. We were never asked for refills.

Forst time I took my wife there. Not impressed.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ComebackShane
Walled Lake, Michigan
“Lunch at Logans”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Excellent food and service, I like this place because they have peanuts in the shell and you let the shells go on the floor, and I have never been disappointed with my meal it does not matter if I order a steak or a burger or whatever.

• Visited December 2012
Redford mi.
“Logan's Outhouse”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

On Sunday Oct. 21 2012 approx. 9 PM my wife and I stopped at the Livonia MI location after a long day of traveling by car. My wife ordered chicken wings and a stuffed potato. I ordered chili and chicken tenders with fries. After a long wait part of our order arrived with a promise the rest would be out shortly. MY chili was warm not hot, but tolerable. When the rest of our food arrived my wife stated that she had not received her potato. Again she was promised it would be out shortly. I found that my meal was cold; when our server returned with the potato she warned that the dish was very hot. At this time I informed her that my meal was cold. She took it and told me they would remake it quickly. My wife did find the dish very hot but not the potato in it. My meal arrived and I found that the fries were rock hard as thought they were just dropped back into the grease to be reheated. By this time my wife had eaten approx. 3 wings and found the 4th to be pink inside. Then a server (not ours) came along with a broom and pushed the table directly across from us onto the seat and swept the booth out right at us!!!!! I was beginning to wonder if we were on candid camera and they wanted to see what it would take to push us over the edge. Well that did it, so for the first time in over 30 years of going out for dinner with my wife we decided enough is enough and we were not going to tolerate this very degusting treatment!!!!
The manager came to our table and offered us a new meal on the house. I explained to him that we tiered from travelling all day and just wanted to get home. He offered to quickly get a take-out order for us. I explained to him that we no longer had an appetite after having peanut dust and dirt swept into our faces. That’s pathetic that they can’t even give away their food in this filthy restaurant.
Wasn’t sure if I should leave a tip not, as I have never had such an experience before. I decided to leave a tip anyway as I was not sure is server was the main issue. On the way home my wife informed me that her drink was even wrong. I wish I knew that when I was deciding about the tip situation.

On the bright side, my wife didn’t get sick from the undercooked chicken!!!!!

Visited October 2012