“Unexpected Little Gem”

Old Mexico Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 274 Restaurants in Livonia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Without Trip Advisor I would not have found, or tried this place. Very small, but very busy and the food was very, very good Mexican food. They also serve alcohol which was a nice surprise. This was some of the best Mexican food I have ever had. We went on a Friday night around 5:30. The place was already full, but within half an hour they had a waiting list. They also do a brisk take-out business. Well worth looking for. Thank you Trip Advisor, this was a great choice.

1  Thank MItraveler1957

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am from downriver, so I grew up eating Taco Especial, Mexico Way, and my favorite Mexican Garden. However, seven years ago I moved to Livonia and discovered Old Mexico and fell in love with their chunky beef burritos. I take the kids there all the time and until today have never had a meal we didn't love. The waitstaff here is brutal most of the time, although there are one or two waitresses that do a good job. But, the food is definitely worth it. The prices are very reasonable. The place is kind of small, so they do fill up quickly. The earlier you get there the better. I highly recommend this place. It is my favorite Mexican restaurant in Livonia.

1  Thank BridjetT
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had been to Old Mexico once before, but couldn't really remember what it was like. A group of friends decided to go up there and give it another try. Boy, am I glad we did! We were all very pleased with our meals. I got tacos (beef and chicken). I must say that the chicken taco was probably the BEST chicken taco I have EVER had!! Amazing. The beef taco was also good. The chips and salsa are excellent as well. We ordered the Ranchero Queso Dip to go with the chips and it was delicious as well. We will definitely make this a stop in the future! The only downfall (if you want to even call it that) is that the restaurant is just a tad small, so it can tend to get loud. Also, there are quite a few tables crammed in, however, the way they have them arranged doesn't really make it feel like you're crammed in there. But, you can hear (very well) what is going on at other tables, though it could have just been the woman next to us...

Above and beyond the size of the restaurant the food along makes it worth coming back here!

2  Thank Leetlestar
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I love their mexican sandwich.Better than mexican village.Not to many beans.Always well cooked.Tacos are excellent also.

1  Thank nick k
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is the best mexican restaurant that we have ever ate at. It is a very small place and the people are so friendly there, you get your food so fast and the drinks are amazing. Get there early if its a weekend because you will have to wait.. But its totally worth it.

1  Thank PinkDiamond2011