“Great Burgers”

Wintergarden Tavern
Ranked #107 of 285 Restaurants in Livonia
Cuisines: American
Description: Tavern, Sports bar(248) 474-7159http://www.yelp.com/biz/wintergarden-tavern-livonia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and I stopped in here for lunch one day and found their burgers to be teriffic. Great bar atmosphere. Lots of televisions to watch sports on. They could however probably use a few more people to wait on tables - service is a little slow.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Even with a coupon from the Detroit edition of the Entertainment Book, last evening was a terrible waste or time and money. The service was barely a step above do-it-yourself and I have nothing good to say about the food. The soda was flat, and our Arnold Palmers were so-so. The place is loud from loud music (juke box) and patrons. The bathroom was 1/3 out of order, but clean if you could overlook all the grafitti. Our meal took almost 50 minutes from the time we ordered until the time it was brought to us and the place was not busy when we placed our order. My companion's meal was bland. My meal was barely better than bland, but the only item on my plate that wasn't cold was the mashed potato. The veggies were undercooked and cold, my chicken was lacking the puff pastry mentioned on the menu and also cold. A grilled chicken breast in sauce and three grilled sausage links should not have taken 50 minutes to prepare and should have been hot (or at least warm). No soup or salad (or bread) with the meals. Buy a meal get a meal when you purchase two drinks - $8 maximum discount was not worth the stop. Net savings was a mere $3.50 which wasn't worth it. Lighting was good and the pool tables looked good, but do yourself a favor and dine someplace else. After discussing this with a few friends the common theme I heard was: "I could have told you that!" Bad food and poor service seems to be the norm here. Locals know it, and now you do too.

2  Thank DearbornNative
Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Typical bar food goes good with cheap beer. An excellant value if you have a coupon out of the Detroit Entertainment book.

Been to Wintergarden Tavern? Share your experiences!