“Supet 8 Makes the Grade”

Detroit - Lincoln Park Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lincoln Park
Fremont
“Supet 8 Makes the Grade”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My room was clean and it was quiet. The only negative aspect was when you closed the blind. the mirror on the closet door picked up the light from the street light outside and it shined in your eyes no matter where you were sitting in bed. It was easy to get to where I was going from the Super 8. If I have more business in the area, I will pick Super 8 again. An additional plus was a very good restaurant was down the road from the hotel which was convenient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

3 Thank Barbara V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Never got to stay at the hotel as they called me four days after making my reservation through hotels.com to tell me that the great rate I got was an error. Offered me replacement rate of $47 a day but did not accept as similarly poor rated hotels in Detroit can be had for less than $40 a night. I understand pricing errors happen but it would at least have been more professional for them to alert hotels.com of the error they made and had hotels.com contact the clients to inform of the cancellation of the reservations. Super 8 told me I need to cancel the reservation myself. Why is it my responsibility to correct the error they made?

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank canada75

Travelers are raving about these Lincoln Park hotels

Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed August 31, 2013

First we had to ring the bell to get a clerk to show up -- heard them arguing in the back. Clerks tried to tell us first we couldn't bring our dogs because they are too large (they're medium size dogs), then they tried to tell us we'd have to pay $25 per night per dog (the website says $10 per night per dog, which is reasonable) -- we had to ARGUE with them to get our reserved and paid-for-in-advance room and the advertised rates! Desk clerks were rude -- were not hospitable at all, we had to ask them how to get to our room and if there was an elevator and how to connect to the internet -- shockingly bad customer service especially for a Wyndham Rewards member. No information in the room -- not even a channel guide for the tv, which is NOT HDTV (which they claim on their site) and no hints to where any local restaurants are (there are none within walking distance of the motel and none on the premises). Two double beds and only one chair. Bed linen is shabby and the pillows are ridiculously small -- like two rocks. No bureau. Bathroom is a good size. The windows have no screens so unless you like mosquitoes, you can't open them. We are on the second floor and we can hear every footstep in the rooms above us. The room is clean. The a/c is LOUD. It's a cheap place to spend a couple of night, good location for visiting our family in the area, but we sure do not feel welcome and we'll never stay here again -- would rather travel further and go to a place that treats guests well.

Room Tip: Backs up to I-75 and a railroad -- better off getting a room in the front.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank LeeFleming2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 30, 2013

if you enjoy bed bugs come here!!!! i was moved to 3 different rooms all bed bugs. the owner Pat didn't care nor did she want to refund our money. hotel smells like weed. there is prostitution going on here. i will never even drive past this place again. this place should be closed down the staff is terrible.

Room Tip: Avoid this dump period
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank James_wnyc956
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2013

More managing required! Our room was not properly cleaned, high dusting was not done! There was a band aid wrapped around the base of a wall lamp, we peeled it off, and yes, it was used! It could have been missed visually by a maid, but not a decent supervisor or manager. The phone in the room had no face plate, and there were no instructions on how to use it. Do we need to dial nine to get out locally, how would we connect to another room if required?
The one redeeming factor is the breakfast offered, very pleased, and appreciated!
It should be mentioned that railroad tracks run directly behind this hotel, and they are used late in the evening!

Room Tip: Any rooms away from the rear of the building may help keep things a little quieter especially if you...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank citypins
West Branch, Michigan
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hotel was more than I expected for the price And area. Rooms and beds were nice but service was lacking. When I arrived to check in the front desk attendant was outside smoking, asked if I was there to check in I replied yes then she continued to smoke cigarette and made me wait til she was done. Rude! Worst hotel service ever!

• Stayed July 2013
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Allen Park
La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate
Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center

Been to Detroit - Lincoln Park Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!