“Super 8 LIncoln Park, MI”

Detroit - Lincoln Park Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lincoln Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Coldwater, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I booked this hotel online through Super 8's website (not through Expedia or anything else). I received a confirmation number for a rate of 53.99. Roughly $60 with taxes. I pondered staying at other hotels in the area but they had a higher price. I just wanted a clean room. I was staying overnight for work but at my own expense.

When I arrived, there were several people smoking at the entrance. Ok, I can get over that part. Well the sign at the desk said, "helping others right now". Well I went back to get my stuff from the car so I was ready to go to my room. The girl outside was the front desk girl. So I get my room. I walk in and was pretty impressed. Big bathtub, nice living room area, micro/fridge. The room was clean I will give them that much.

I locked myself in for the night and hoped I had a car in one piece in the morning.

As I checked out, the same girl was working the desk. I checked my receipt. I was charged $82.86. I show the girl my confirmation with the price. She said there was nothing she could do to adjust the price. So --here I am stuck paying $82 a night for a shady hotel in a rougher area when I could have paid $80 a night for a Comfort Suites in a better area of town. Lesson learned.

I happen to be a travel planner for my business. We happen to have several drivers stay with the Super 8 brand in other cities. We have a warehouse less than a mile from this location. You can mark my word -- NONE of my employees will be staying with this hotel. Period. If you post a price, honor that price. I have requested a refund just for the extra amount charged. I'm sure that won't happen.

Let's not forget -the breakfast - Joke!
The lobby- Tore up
Hallways and Walls-- Thin and loud.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and go somewhere else. Even for just a night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lincoln Park
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This must be the worst hotel we have stayed in for years. I think they are redecorating but they had no signs saying so. Front desk staff were not very helpful. If you need a room for 1 quick night then this hotel would be fine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Allen Park
Hampton Inn Detroit / Southgate
La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate

Been to Detroit - Lincoln Park Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Detroit - Lincoln Park Inn & Suites

Property: Detroit - Lincoln Park Inn & Suites
Address: 1805 John a Papalas Dr, Lincoln Park, MI 48146-1465 (Formerly Motown Inn & Suites)
Location: United States > Michigan > Lincoln Park
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lincoln Park
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Detroit - Lincoln Park Inn & Suites 2.5*
This hotel is minutes from downtown with convienent access to professional sports arenas, historic museums, and world-class casinos. All rooms feature free WiFi, hair dryer, in-room coffee, iron & ironing board and a microwave & refrigerator. This hotel offers free continental breakfast, an indoor pool, sauna, fitness center on-site, and a designated pet area. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Detroit - Lincoln Park Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sleep Inn Lincoln Park