Red Roof Inn & Suites Detroit - Lincoln Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lincoln Park
Perrysburg, Ohio
“Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Well, we were suppose to stay there on July 8th and 9th as we watch the hydroplane races in Detroit during that time. We stayed there the previous year and everything was very nice. At that time it was called Sleep Inn. We decided it was the perfect place to call home for two days every year so we could go and watch the hydroplane races. As luck would have it this year my wife was very ill and had to go to the ER two days prior to our arrival and and it was not a good situation. We did not even think about canceling as we had much bigger things to worry about. To make a long story short we were no shows at this hotel. They decided it would be a good time to double charge us as well. So I called and explained the situation to the staff and was told that they would return our call when they found out what the problem was. Those return calls NEVER happened. I had to call and call and finally a woman named June said that she has no record of the double billing, So I had to print out bank records and fax it to her (2 bucks plus drive to fax machine). Four days later we got our money. I am thinking they hired Elmer Fudd as their accountaint. So bottom line is this. Hotel is nice or we would never have booked it. Staff needs work on customer retention and customer relations. They lost our business over 75 bucks. Medical emergency? Too bad. They will get their money.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Boome83

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Konstanz, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2008

We stayed in this hotel for a few nights in August.
The room was big and the bed very comfortale.
Everthing was very clean, and we enjoyed the fitness room, the swimming pool and the breakfast.
Quiet atmosphere even although the train and the street is very near.
We would stay again in this hotel!

• Liked — the size of the room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank ladybird6
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2008

My family was on vacation in NW Michigan and on the way home decided to visit the Henry Ford Museum. I picked up a Henry Ford brochure at a rest area and my wife called several places to get a room/museum package deal that they had listed. We needed to book the hotel room for that night for a visit to the museum the next day.

After a few failed attempts she managed to book us in the Sleep Inn. AAA rates this as 3 stars. I would say 2 stars is more realistic.

The room was ok but could have been cleaned better. We found a used tissue (from a nose, we think) under the bedspread in one of the beds and some hair in the bathtub. The carpet needed updating.

The mattress on our bed was worn out and the pillow was useless.

The breakfast bar was ok - waffles, cereal, juice, coffee, assorted rolls/breads, and cold sausage (someone else mentioned this).

We also had a room near the train tracks but only 2 trains passed and only one overnight. I couldn't sleep anyway due to the condition of the bed and pillow so it did not matter.

It's ok to stay here - just check your room out and ask for another if needed.

• Liked — Package deal / price for Henry Ford complex
  • Disliked — needs new bedding, and cleanliness was a slight concern
  • Stayed July 2008
1 Thank bsktgrvy
Hilton NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2008

The room was clean, the lobby welcoming, the staff helpful, and the breakfast buffet was great: waffles, cereal, sausage, eggs, toast, OJ, bagels, fruit. Almost everything you could want in a hotel.

But, as the realtors say: "Location, location, location!" My room on the east side was only 60 feet from an active freight train line that got used at least twice per night. And I don't mean Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends here - I'm talking heavy, clanking, mile long freight trains with horns that can be heard in Canada. The ground (and building) shakes. I stayed for 5 nights and got to know the schedule really well: 9:30 -10 pm, 12:30 - 1:00 am, 6-6:30 am. And it's not just the rumbling that wakes you. Conveniently located at the north end of the hotel parking lot is an at ground level, ungated railroad crossing. (See photo) That means the trains must blow their whistles as they approach. After a double shot of the train whistle, the rumbling is quiet by comparison.

I would only recommend the Sleep Inn if you are an extremely sound sleeper and are not frightened by things that go bump in the night - or if you are staying one night and get a good deal. But, at full prices, this is not a reasonable choice.

The hotel is conveniently located next to I-75 so it is just a quick trip to Cobo Hall. There are plenty of restaurants and a Krogers nearby if you need a midnight snack .

Lupin

• Liked — The breakfast buffet, and a super internet connection
  • Disliked — The Midnight Train to Georgia
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank Lupinsan

Travelers are raving about these Lincoln Park hotels

West Chicago, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2007

The previous reviewer who mentioned Aaron, the front desk clerk, was absolutely right. He's a really nice guy who's working for a bummer of a hotel. Yeah, it was cheaper than most everything else around, but we had a freight train outside our window, a VERY noisy spot in the hotel (I heard conversations in the hall at about 7:00 a.m.), the pool was being painted (a huge disappointment to my kids) and the breakfast area was barely navigable with all the people in it, and not an empty seat in the whole room! The sausage was ice cold. (To be fair, I didn't expect sausage at the "continental" breakfast, so I guess it was a wash.) The bathroom floor was dirty in our room, too. (And if you can SEE the dirt, what are you NOT seeing?) It wasn't the very worst hotel we've seen, but we probably wouldn't stay again.

• Liked — Price?
  • Disliked — Just wasn't a great hotel
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank kjensky
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2007

I stayed at this hotel and arrived quite late. I was greeted by a gentleman named Aaron at the front desk. He was quite polite and assisted me with figuring out my plans to Henry Ford Museum that day. This hotel was small, but it was nice, and I've never had such a good experience with front desk clerk. Just goes to show you that the small hotels still have the personal touch. Thank you Aaron. You made my stay wonderful.

• Liked — The Great Staff
  • Disliked — By Train Tracks
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank ridor110
ann arbor mi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2007

good hotel for the price, nice rooms low price

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — area
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
#2 of 3 in Allen Park
BEST WESTERN Greenfield Inn
Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center
Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Detroit - Lincoln Park? Share your experiences!