“Beautiful, clean, and charming. Absolutely perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Captain's Quarters Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
A Captain's Quarters Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Lexington B&B and Inns
Waterford, MI
“Beautiful, clean, and charming. Absolutely perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2009

This was not my first time to Lexington, however it was was my first time to the Captain's Quarters Inn. I had heard it was the best B & B in Lexington, and it by far exceeded our expectations! I cannot say enough good things about our hosts Ron and Pat who went above and beyond to make our stay the best. The house was built a few years before the Civil War and it is very well maintained and updated without losing its original beauty. They always had lemonade, iced tea, hot tea, fresh baked cookies and other treats, and cold bottled water available to help yourself. Also plenty of coffee in the morning. The breakfasts were gorgeous and tasted as good as they looked. We had pecan encrusted french toast with an array of syrups and sausage, and eggs to order with toast and black forest ham to name a few. Always with orange juice and fresh fruit. I consider myself a little picky when it comes to my accomodations but the whole house including our room was immaculate and charming. Many areas to relax such as hammocks, rocking chairs, patio tables, gardens, common room with cable T.V. and more. I had a perfect stay and I can't wait to bring my mom for a stay, and also return with my new fiancee for years to come. Ron helped my fiancee find a resturant to propose! And Pat gave us her own itinerary for a trip around the thumb which I highly reccomend. They also gave us information of things to do and places to eat when we needed to go to Port Huron for a bank. They have everything you will need wine glasses and corkscrew, games, books, magazines, and more! It couldn't be better! They even set out a blanket and beach towels for the beach since we didn't have any. The rooms are amply stocked. Our room had a down comforter. You will enjoy your stay. It is perfect for a romantic getaway or if you just need a place to stay for a night! My fiancee and I have been all over the country and to Mexico for vacations, and he said that this was the most relaxing vacation he has ever taken while also the most fun because there is so much to do in Lexington if you choose. I would have to agree! Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MichelleWaterford_MI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
SF BAY AREA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2008

My husband and I had the opportunity to get away without the kids for a couple of nights, and we're so happy we found Lexington and the Captain's Quarters Inn. We had a wonderfully relaxed, enjoyable time. Our room was peaceful, so we were able to get the rest we so desperately needed. The location couldn't have been better - 2 blocks from the village park and beach, and 2 blocks from restaurants, shops, pubs, and the beautiful music theater. The Inn's owners are great at anticipating their guests' needs and making them feel at home - thanks Ron & Pat!

• Liked — Location, peacefulness
  • Disliked — Leaving!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SFBAY_KJ
North Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2007

I stayed at this B&B for three nights (two going out, one coming back) during a long motorcycle trip. The inn is spacious and very well situated (one block from downtown, two blocks from the beach) and the innkeepers, Pat and Ron, are incredibly hospitable. They insisted on putting my motorcycle in my private garage since rain overnight was possible! Breakfasts were wonderful, they gave me rags to clean my BMW, they made sure I had bottled water when I set out, they gave me maps for local rides, they insisted that I contact them to let them know I had reached my next destiination, etc. In brief, wonderful caring people. A great choice if you are touring the "thumb" of Michigan.

• Liked — Wonderful innkeepers' hospitality
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank NorthPotomac
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2007

This was our 2nd time to Lexington and to CQI...Pat and Capt Ron don't have to go out of their way to make you feel cozy and comfortable--it just comes naturally to them.

We saw our first concert at the Lex Music Theatre (The Australian Bee Gees!) and loved the venue so much we purchased tickets for 2 other concerts and booked our stays with Pat and Capt. Ron before we left!

The east coast thumb area is highly underrated and we feel we've found a hidden little gem...we're taking advantage of it before everyone else finds it!

• Liked — Our Hosts
  • Disliked — that we only stayed one night!
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank michvettegirl
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2005

We plan to return to Lexington this weekend to stay at the Captain's Quarters Inn. We felt so comfortable and welcome there. The rooms are immaculately clean and Ron and Pat Cutler, the owners, make you feel welcome but are unobtrusive. The breakfasts are delicious and ample. Lexington is a small town on Lake Huron with a marina and lots of fun shops. This weekend there is a craft fair in town and there is always something going on to entertain visitors. We enjoyed sitting on the porch and relaxing with a book. There is a tennis court just a block away and we are taking friends who love tennis too. On our previous visit we hired Captain Ron to take us to Port Huron for lunch on his boat. He has a charter boat for fishing and excursions. The Inn is just a few blocks from Lake Huron. I hightly recommend the Captain's Quarter's Inn in Lexington, Michigan.

• Stayed August 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Port Huron
No photo provided
White Feather Motel
#8 of 9 in Lexington

Been to A Captain's Quarters Inn? Share your experiences!