“Great Golf Adventure”

Lakeview Hills Golf Resort
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Lexington
Reviewed June 12, 2013

There are 2 courses both have their challenges and surprises when rounding the corners and fast greens. The rooms are very clean and well maintained, even though the resort has been around for a long time. We were pleasantly surprised with the choices that we had on the pre-set menu for packages. The filet mignon was excellent, cooked to perfection! The wait staff are very friendly and make you feel welcome, the only downfall was the long wait for the food. The booking staff (Amanda) is best and goes out of her way to meet your requests - she's a gem! We were there in spring and the halfway houses weren't open yet, so there was a very long wait for the beverage cart to appear once per 9 holes. We look forward to going back in the summer, the prices are very reasonable and worth the drive.

1  Thank Sheila M
There are newer reviews for Lakeview Hills Golf Resort

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Once again we enjoyed the hospitality of the Fabbri family and their employees at Lakeview Hills. When we booked the outing, Amanda explained that the South course was having major work done on it and only the first 9 holes were playable. They weren't actually open for packages until the weekend, but accommodated us and another couple. We booked the North course, which is very challenging and we always enjoy playing. The course is well-kept and we were surprised that it wasn't as wet as we had expected.

Our room had been redecorated recently and was very attractive, spotlessly clean and met all our expectations. The Dining Room was not fully open for the season, but we enjoyed lunch, dinner and breakfast at specified times. The menu selections for the package were limited; but we were fine with the offerings. The food was great as usual.

Special thanks to Dennis, Sue and Amanda. We will be back in the fall!

1  Thank Dijoone
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I'll write this review on the dining here. I live locally and almost everything I have had on their menu is very good. USB cooked subs, Bruschetta, Perch, several of the lunch sandwiches all excellent. However, the service is terrible. THe people are friendly, but prepare to wait double the amount of time to get your food that you would anywhere else whether they are busy or not.

2  Thank rkins3rd
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great place for a group to go for golf as everything (food / bar / lodging / golf courses) are all on site. The 2 - 18 hole courses are challenging and well kept. While the motel part isn't flashy, it's certainly fine for a golf group get away. The price is very reasonable, especially for someone used to "Canadian golf prices" when you consider you get golf, lodging, breakfast and dinner. One down side though, was the dinners. Last year I went there in June with my son on a 2 night package and we were able to order off of the menu's (anything we wanted, steaks, chops, etc) and the food was great. I bragged about the place and the meals all winter. This year when I was there they had a buffet set up for dinners - and we were not able to order off of the menus. The buffets are extreamly dissapointing. Chicken pot pie, some pork dish that was unrecognizable, and cheap chicken thighs and legs. When booking next year, I'll be certain to get a guarantee that we will be able to order al a cart.

2  Thank Jim A
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I golfed at Lakeview Hills Golf Resort on August 7, 2012 as a twosome. The pro shop staff were extremely friendly and the facilities top drawer. There are two courses, north and south. We golfed the south course, front nine with a cart (as my friend is elderly). The course is very well maintained and extremely attractive. It is a wee bit off the beaten path however, there are many lovely spots to visit, Lexington (a most attractive village) and of course, Port Huron. It is approximately 45 minutes north west of Port Huron which is a no brainer. Port Huron boasts terrific places to stay i.e. The Thomas Edison et al and terrific restaurants all at a most reasonable price. All in all, I would recommend this course to anyone, albeit if you are a crack golfer [try the north course] or a slightly less experienced golfer [try the south course]. Price? Unbelievable...two seniors with a cart - nine holes. $20.00 EACH!!!! What a steal... I wanted to play again before I left but, was rained out. What a pity. I couldn't wait to go out on that course again.

1  Thank Julia S