“We loved it!!!”
Review of Lakewinds Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
Lakewinds Motel
Ranked #4 of 9 Lexington B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We wanted a short get-away. We usually go to Ludington Mi but the forecast said rain for 3 days there so we decided to go to the eastern side of the state. We ended up in Lexington and decided to stay there. Big problem for us. My husband needs a walker to walk and has SEVERE COPD and asthma and severe allegies to cats and dogs. We could not find any motels or cottages that were animal free and or on the first floor. We seriously looked for two hours. Finally decided to go back to Port Huron and we came across LakeWinds on our way out of town. Really not much to look at on the outside but very cute and CLEAN inside. I am picky about cleanliness and I felt totally comfortable in the room. And no pets or smoking allowed. Themed rooms make it very fun. We stayed in the tropical room. The owner's daughter was so nice, she showed us another room to pick from. We looked at the victorian room and it was very nice we will stay there next time. They are small rooms and very small bathrooms but big enough. Flat screen Tv's in all the rooms Owners are very nice. We will definately be staying there again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Peggy B
Lakewindsmotel, Owner at Lakewinds Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2017

Super, glad you enjoyed your stay. Welcome anytime soon!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

My daughter, 2 1/2 year old grandson and I just spent a lovely overnight escape at Lakewinds and I would highly recommend it to anyone. The owners are excellent at making one feel welcomed and the place met my Mrs. Clean standards. We had the music room and that suited my music loving grandson perfectly. Not only is the motel hospitable for children, there is a beautiful, quiet, and private beach a short walk from Lakewinds so we enjoyed 2 full beach days.
I am seriously considering Lakewinds for an annual get-away but for at least two nights next time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank crzywestiewomyn

Super, glad your stay was enjoyable. Welcome anytime, we will be here awaiting your call.
Thanks again.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

This little roadside motel is a blast from the past! My husband and I would go back for the nostalgia. Feeling like we were in the 1940's.......kind of a refreshing experience.... the motel room was clean and smelled nice.
The original size toilet, shower, sinks and, yes even the one bar of soap, was tiny.
Even though the motel was on a busy highway, it was quiet at night and we had a good night's rest.
We were pleasantly surprised the next morning to find a short walk down a road behind the motel which led to the sandy shore of Lake Huron.
The staff was friendly and gave us directions to a great breakfast restaurant for the morning.
Don't expect frills like coffee in the room. The office is not open after 9:00 pm.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
8  Thank Thelma53

So glad you enjoyed a blast from the past and had a wonderful experience.
We now have coffee at 7:30 am in office and all rooms have refrigerators and microwaves.
See you soon

Reviewed September 16, 2010

Great value! Immaculate rooms decorated using a sport motif. Excellent for children.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank OrsenMaxwell

Thanks for the review, please do come back for a visit soon!!!

Reviewed August 22, 2010

I wanted to stay in Lexington and have never been. Had a hard time finding a hotel/motel in the area close to the water...there aren't many to chose from and I didn't want to stay in a cottage. I was weary about staying at a place that I could not see first! The owners were SOO nice. From the outside this motel does not look fancy but it is very charming and clean. It's a good location ...just a short walk to the beach. Short (5 min or less) drive to Lexington main street. I am used to fancy big hotels but would not hesitate to stay here again. The rooms are themed...ours was the beach room and was cute. It definately has an "up north cottage" feel, but very clean. The rooms have a refrigerater which was very nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
9  Thank summergurl67

Thanks for taking a chance to stay with us, when in doubt of a place ask to see a room...you will be surprised what you are missing.

Reviewed August 18, 2009

My girlfriend and I were traveling on the Yard Sale Trail. This motel was conveniently located, clean, very cute room, and very nice people. I left something in the room and emailed them. I got a quick reply and they are mailing it to me. This was a very nice stay and a very reasonable price. Each room has a theme and we stayed in the Jazz room. Will recommend this motel to my friends that will be doing the yard sale trail next year.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank cenn49

Thanks for the recommendation to all your friends, all are welcome and make reservations
ahead. Rooms go quickly during July and August.

Reviewed July 26, 2009

We traveled to Lexington to visit some friends who recommended this little motel. When we first drove up to it we thought "Oh Oh" but we were so wrong. The owners are so nice and each room is decorated in a different theme. Ours was Country and very cute. We heard that one is a Jimmy Buffet Room. (Sounds like fun). Our room was spotless. Keep in mind that the bathrooms are very small but really, how much time do you spend in the bathroom when on vacation?

I

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank kappycur

Thanks for trying us out, we are quaint cozy clean and friendly customer service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Port Huron
#1 of 2 in Sandusky
No photo provided
Thumb Heritage Inn
#2 of 2 in Sandusky

Been to Lakewinds Motel? Share your experiences!