“Wonderful Place to Stay”
Review of Garland

Garland
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Lewiston
More attraction details
Owner description: Owner Ron Otto designed the 54 holes at this 3,500-acre resort.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The facility is absolutely beautiful and the staff was extremely accommodating. It was a perfect place for anyone who would like to have a northern Michigan wedding. The fall colors were vibrant

All reviews
"holes"
"monarch"
"trees"

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Even though it was a short one, our 1-day & overnight & golf experience turned out to be so much better than we had expected. We played 18 on the beautiful and well manicured Monarch course with our friends who came up with us for this short get-away. The Garland Lodge is log-cabin rustic and a warm & cozy atmosphere exits for sure. Rooms were adequate for our one-night stay with sufficient ammenities including an in room coffee pot. Not being a fan of the provided "foam-pillows", my sleep wasn't the best. BUT, I did not call the front desk to ask if they had other pillows available ... perhaps they do so I can't hold that against them ! The king-size bed was quite comfortable though. The hotel was very clean throughout as were the well landscaped grounds, beautifully treed and abundant flowers around. We spoke with the charming Director of Guest Services, Susan Miesch, as well as the Front Desk Manager Diane about our enjoyable stay with hopes and a possibility of returning to Garland. All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed out short stay and do hope to return for a longer stay with more golf to challenge our game. My wife and I are well-traveled and find Garland very inviting.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

We just returned home from our trip to Garland for a mini vacation. We had never golfed there before and along with another couple decided to book a room and play a round of golf. Our biggest disappointment was that it was a mini-vacation! The course we played, the Monarch, was gorgeous and challenging enough without being over the top like so many resort courses are. The staff beginning with pro shop all the way up until we checked out, went out of their way to be polite and friendly. After golf we had dinner at the lodge, fabulous food and service. The ambience of this place completes the package, very tasteful lodge decor. Don't leave without breakfast, we all raved about it. I can't believe I've lived in Michigan all my life and have never been to Garland. I'm sure I'll make up for it in the coming years. We're considering their New Years Eve package, I bet it will be outstanding!

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Got to the resort at 1:30 in the after noon for a 4:30 wedding. Went to check in and our room was not ready. We were told check in was at 4 pm. Front desk told us we could get dressed in locker room. We never got key to room until about 5:00 o'clock. People at front desk were not helpful and could care less about you.

2  Thank gmann55
See more reviews
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Be sure you don't have to cancel last minute. And by last minute I mean 14 days before your arrival as they WILL NOT REFUND YOUR FIRST NIGHTS DEPOSIT. We made a reservation on a Friday and due to unforseen scheduling conflicts I had to cancel and did so on the following Monday. Well because we were scheduled to arrive in 12 days they WOULD not refund my first night's deposit which they sure did charge quickly to my account. they did offer to schedule another weekend, but at that point NO WAY. 14 days really, most places give you up to 72 hours before arrival. I just bet they get alot of forfieted first night deposits to help boost the profit. We wont be visiting there any time soon.

3  Thank rjbanddab