“Poor people skills”
Review of Garland

Garland
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Lewiston
More attraction details
Owner description: Owner Ron Otto designed the 54 holes at this 3,500-acre resort.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Poor people skills”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Got to the resort at 1:30 in the after noon for a 4:30 wedding. Went to check in and our room was not ready. We were told check in was at 4 pm. Front desk told us we could get dressed in locker room. We never got key to room until about 5:00 o'clock. People at front desk were not helpful and could care less about you.

2 Thank gmann55

Macomb, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Think twice and be sure”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Be sure you don't have to cancel last minute. And by last minute I mean 14 days before your arrival as they WILL NOT REFUND YOUR FIRST NIGHTS DEPOSIT. We made a reservation on a Friday and due to unforseen scheduling conflicts I had to cancel and did so on the following Monday. Well because we were scheduled to arrive in 12 days they WOULD not refund my first night's deposit which they sure did charge quickly to my account. they did offer to schedule another weekend, but at that point NO WAY. 14 days really, most places give you up to 72 hours before arrival. I just bet they get alot of forfieted first night deposits to help boost the profit. We wont be visiting there any time soon.

3 Thank rjbanddab
Los Angeles, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Winter Wonderland at Garland!”
Reviewed February 12, 2009

We stayed at Garland for two nights this January to attend the Gourmet Glide cross country skiing event. We stayed in a single villa, which had a king bedroom, bathroom with jacuzzi tub for 2, kitchenette and living room with a gas fireplace. The accommodations were very comfortable & clean. The biggest drawback was that our villa was a considerable hike from the parking lot. We had to carry our luggage through the snow in the dark in 5 degree weather to reach our villa, which was on the upper floor of the building. We did eat breakfast one day, which was included in our package, and it was average for breakfast food. The food at the Gourmet Glide was outstanding and delicious! The skiing was great, despite the harsh weather. The grounds are beautiful and very picturesque. A winter wonderland for sure!! The price was reasonable. I called and we were able to get a package that included everything, even ski rentals. I wanted to stay 3 nights, but they are only open Thursday-Sunday in the winter, and we couldn't make it until Friday night. it was a great trip and I would definitely recommend Garland & the Gourmet Glide to others.

Michigan
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Lacking in service”
Reviewed January 1, 2007

Let me start off by saying my family has been golfing at garland from the time the first 9 holes went public, we have a cottage close by and go there for the golf, and to see there house band Jeff and Sue. The place has had its ups and downs and the constant is that the service sucks, last year we found the staff was taking our drinks when we went out to dance, before we could finish them, and this year we found we were sitting up to 30 minuets before anyone would take our orders, and when we did get out drinks we were given warm beer in cans…I'm sorry but a resort claming 3 or 4 star rating does not serve can beer, and make you wait for it. The golf courses were in the best shape I have ever seen them last summer, but many of the sand traps had rocks bigger than golf balls in them. It is a nice resort but they really need to get better help when it comes to service

3 Thank Fedman
A TripAdvisor Member
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed August 27, 2004

Our family has had the pleasure of being at Garland in the Winter and Summer. The Lodge, Villa's and grounds are spectacular. The service has been fast and friendly. It's a great place to Golf, Swim, Cross country ski, snow mobile, eat good food, Enjoy the Music and Entertainment by Jeff & Sue, have a drink, relax by the fire or in the jacuzzi, or just breathe the clean fresh air in the quiet atmosphere. There's just so much to do and to see, you don't want to leave.
I recommend this resort to anyone that wants to get away for a wonderful experience.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member