“Best fish under the bridge”
Review of Carlson's Fishery

Carlson's Fishery
Ranked #3 of 14 things to do in Leland
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We went to Carlsons memorial day weekend. The drive we took was right along the lake shore,scenic and curvy. When we got to Fish Town there wasn't any parking near Fish Town available at the moment. We just walked a couple short blocks and its not that inconvenient to do so as there are shops along the way. Our first stop was Carlsons since we read aboutT them in he Midwest magazine. We bought some boneless smoked white fish and smoked salmon along with dome fish pate. It was very good. The fish was moist,smoky and not salty. It had the perfect amount of salt and smoke.

1  Thank OlivetBonvoyage

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I'm glad I was here in the off-season, as I can imagine the lines to get into this place in the summer! The smoked fish are amazing. I bought 3 pounds of smoked whitefish to take home (although security had to hand-search my bag because of it!). Yummy fish!

1  Thank sgirlie
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We love Carlson's and never miss this wonderful Fishmonger. Smoked fish, Fish sausage and fresh fish. These guys are real fishermen and the shop shows it, great pictures of the family. Get some smoked fish & wine, the perfect picnic!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I visited Carlson's in Leland's Fishtown for the first time last October. It's the tiniest little place along a dock on the water in beautiful northern Michigan on the Leelanau Peninsula. There was a long line outside the door, but it was worth the wait. We got the whitefish pate and some crackers they sold. So delicious! It's been months but I find myself craving it now and then, and am ready to go back. There was a variety of other fish items too that are apparently well loved by the customers standing in line.

CNN Travel named Carlson's among a handful of recommended places in the world in an article, "Hard to Find But Totally Worth It." http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/23/travel/hard-to-find-travel-destinations-d/index.html. I totally agree!