“Great experience for anyone who wants to fish”

Whitecap Charters Fishing
Sanford, MI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great experience for anyone who wants to fish”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I’ve been fishing with Whitecap Charters & Captain Jack for over 30 years and I’ve never come away disappointed. He always makes sure everyone has a good time. Captain Jack always seems to know where the fish are and makes sure we come away with the best catch possible. His equipment is kept in great condition and always in good working order. His years on the water have made him a great captain and a great guide. I’ve taken many friends and family on his tours – some of whom have never fished before! Would recommend his tours to anyone, regardless of their level of experience. You’ll have a great time with Captain Jack & Whitecap Charters.

Visited July 2011

Ada, Michigan, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fishing”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Jack was so nice. He made sure that we went home with at least a couple of fish. I've gone on this charter a couple of times and each time we always caught a lot of fish and had so much fun.

1 Thank Mary W
Traverse City, Michigan
“30 years of great fishing”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We have fished with Jack several times a year for 30 years. We take clients, business associates and family on our trips. Jack is extremely hard working, one of the most experienced captians on Lake Michigan and keeps his equipment in top shape. Jack takes the success of his customers very seriously. You can expect some quick instructions and some coaching but the hit to catch percentage is really high. Jack is always up front about the weather, the current fishing conditions and the costs. We have delayed trips, changed species targeted or locations because of his analysis of conditions but we have always been as successful as any boat in the harbor because of his work ethic and skills. Over the years we have caught photo boards full of Kings up to 28# many times and a few times in rough conditions we have only caught a few fish but the effort has always been 100%. Expect a clean stable boat, good equipment and a Captain with decades of experience. Good Fishing.

Dayton, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“King Salmon early and often”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have been fishing with Captain Jack Duffy aboard the Whitecap for over 20 years and the fishing each time you go out is more amazing than the last trip! I just returned home from Leland with my brother-n-law (Jamie Greer) and we had a tremendous 1/2 day trip catching King Salmon so early in the season for them it was unbelievable 3 and 4 year olds usually doesn't happen till late July, well, Jack knows how to fish and that is why I always go out with Jack. He is the best! Please contact him for a day trip or a 1/2 day trip you will not be disappointed.

Visited May 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Whitecap Fishing”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I have been fishing with Jack for about five years now and each year I go with him it is an absolute BLAST! We always catch fish and have a great time. His rules on his boat may seem strict but they are fair and are there for our safety and so we can catch a lot of fish. Jack really knows what he is doing and a great guy, over the past five years he has really become part of the family. He always asks how we are doing and is very interested in what has happened in our lives in the past year. I would recommend Jack to anyone!

1 Thank Joe W