“Great spot for breakfast or lunch. Amazing baked goods.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Stonehouse Cafe - CLOSED

Stonehouse Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Chicago, Illinois
“Great spot for breakfast or lunch. Amazing baked goods.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for a late breakfast. The free wifi is nice. The food is good, service is friendly. You won't be disappointed if you stop here for a meal or snacks.

• Visited July 2013

Michigan
“North Country :o)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Highly recommend North Country... a loaf, toast, for your sandwich, etc. We frequent this place in the mornings. The breakfast sandwiches are great & freshly made to order. I enjoyed the SW panini (although I opted for north country vs jalapeño foccocia). They are large to share if you are eating on the lighter side. I wish they had an egg white option though! On another note, I have gone here for years & my dad is a local here- when times are busy (like July 4th) sometimes workers tend to get a little snooty with the visitors.

Visited July 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Excellent lunch, very friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

My sister and I took a quick trip up north and down memory lane. We had lunch at the Stonehouse and our panini was fabulous. We wanted to share the sandwich and they split it giving us both a full serving of wonderful kettle chips. Service was with a smile and we will be sure to return.

• Visited June 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Serendipty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were browsing through all of the wonderful little shops in Leland when we decided to stop for some lunch at a local deli. However, we found the deli to be closed even though it was prime time for both lunch and tourists. We hopped in the car figuring that we would find something else in the next town, when lo and behold we stumbled upon this cafe on the edge of town. What a great little place. I had a half a Leelanau Chicken Sandwich on their Cherry Walnut Bread and a cup of Chicken Tortilla Soup. It was to die for. And the servings were so large that I am glad that I hadn't opted for the full sandwich with a bowl of soup. I know now that when I am in Leland again that I will stop for lunch or a snack or just to buy some bread. So not only did that other cafe lose my business once, but they lost it permanently.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank bbrann
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“The coffee is worth the trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

While it is ever so tempting we don't get the bread that looks amazing, only because we are gluten free! But we walk after breakfast down there to get their coffee which is quite excellent! And it's fun to go where they were baking away. Their Sumatra coffee is really very good!

• Visited May 2013