“Best Prime Rib in Lapeer”
Review of Castaways Food & Spirits - CLOSED

Castaways Food & Spirits
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
attica
“Best Prime Rib in Lapeer”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I discovered this hidden place several years ago and I love to go on Fridays or Saturdays for the prime rib. You can get it regular or cajun (my favorite) and its's always tender and flavorful. Homemade soups, fresh salads, delicious baked potatoes (loaded of course). Yes I will agree that the parking lot needs work and although the inside decor is dated and not as pleasing to my eyes,it is hands down the best food and service in Lapeer. I have not ordered anything I did not regret. (well except maybe the water and pop...it does have the well water "smell"). I secretly bring in my own water bottle and order a Bahama Mama drink. I am drooling as I write this. Yes you can bring your children, but why would you want to? (lol)

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank m p

Lapeer, Michigan, United States
“Love Castaways!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This was our first time at Castaways and we were so happy with everything. The food was amazing, the service even better and the view from the outside dining area breathtaking! Can't wait to return!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Lei R
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“This Place Is Awesome, Great Food, Great View”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

First off, I'm not sure why the other reviews complain about the parking lot, it was not bad at all!! The food is wonderful, I had the baked cod and wish I would have ordered a 2nd helping, it was that good. The view is awesome, overlooking the lake. The staff were friendly and did a wonderful job taking care of us. Would I go back? My wife and I are actually thinking about going back tomorrow!!!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank mjclmc
Lapeer, Michigan
“confused”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Very confused by my experience. Would never have set foot in the door had my friend not insisted I'd be pleasantly surprised. We pulled down this driveway onto a busted up parking lot to this dumpy rundown building. We walked through the door & all I could smell was sewer. Was definitely ready to leave when a pretty little brunette w/ a big smile welcomed us in. Thought how odd that these girls were dressed like business men in such a dumpy smelly out dated restaurant, but I have to say this is where it all turned around. The service was excellent, very professional & friendly, & the food was phenomenal! I don't know that I'll go back the smell really did me in, but I can say the waitstaff & food make me consider the possibility.

• Visited April 2012
Sandusky
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The food and atmosphere at Castaways was very good, as well as the service. We need to go back when it's warm outside and enjoy the view of the sun and water from the sunroom.

Visited April 2012