“Love Castaways!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lapeer, Michigan, United States
“Love Castaways!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This was our first time at Castaways and we were so happy with everything. The food was amazing, the service even better and the view from the outside dining area breathtaking! Can't wait to return!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Lei R

Grand Blanc, Michigan
“This Place Is Awesome, Great Food, Great View”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

First off, I'm not sure why the other reviews complain about the parking lot, it was not bad at all!! The food is wonderful, I had the baked cod and wish I would have ordered a 2nd helping, it was that good. The view is awesome, overlooking the lake. The staff were friendly and did a wonderful job taking care of us. Would I go back? My wife and I are actually thinking about going back tomorrow!!!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank mjclmc
Lapeer, Michigan
“confused”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Very confused by my experience. Would never have set foot in the door had my friend not insisted I'd be pleasantly surprised. We pulled down this driveway onto a busted up parking lot to this dumpy rundown building. We walked through the door & all I could smell was sewer. Was definitely ready to leave when a pretty little brunette w/ a big smile welcomed us in. Thought how odd that these girls were dressed like business men in such a dumpy smelly out dated restaurant, but I have to say this is where it all turned around. The service was excellent, very professional & friendly, & the food was phenomenal! I don't know that I'll go back the smell really did me in, but I can say the waitstaff & food make me consider the possibility.

• Visited April 2012
Sandusky
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The food and atmosphere at Castaways was very good, as well as the service. We need to go back when it's warm outside and enjoy the view of the sun and water from the sunroom.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Patricia H
Flint, mi
“Overpriced, but nice view”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

The food here was average and overpriced, but the lake view is worth giving this place a visit.

The booths along the lakeview windows have dimmer switches to control the brightness of the recessed light above your table. This is a quirky idea... cool if you are visiting for a romantic evening dinner... not so cool if a family brings kids who like to play with the dimmer all night long.

• Visited April 2012