“lovely night on the lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lake Inn

Lake Inn
Ranked #10 of 65 Restaurants in Lapeer
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Escanaba, Michigan
“lovely night on the lake”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This place doesn't look like much from the road and you have to know how to find it as there is little signage to lead you to it. But it's obvious from the parking lot that the people in Lapeer know where it is. Our group of seven were shown to a picnic table under an umbrella on the deck. Service was attentive, food came quickly. Most of us ate off the list of inventive specials and were very satisfied. Our only complaint was that the salad obviously came from a bag. It was a lovely place to spend a summer's evening.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank dayoppermom

Saint Clair, Michigan
“A great little hideaway”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This small bar is situated over looking lake nepessing close to Lapeer. It is only a few miles off the expressway and I highly recommend a visit if you are in the area.
It seems to be a bit understaffed during the day and that made for a few crabby waitresses, but ignore their cries of injustice and enjoy the view. Beer wasn't all that cold but these are minor inconveniences to feel like an up-north bar close to civilization.

Visited June 2013
Memphis, Michigan
“Great in the summer!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We like to go there in the summer and sit on the deck overlooking the lake. Good people, good food, good prices.

Visited April 2013
“Rude,confrontational,worst customer service ever THANKS FOR RUINING MY DAUGHTERS 9TH BIRTHDAY DINNER”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We went here march 19 for my daughters bday. Yes It was busy when we arrived however most of the dinning room already had food. We ordered at 6:15pm our food didn't come til almost 7:30 where I was told my daughters personal pizza was behind due to all the pizza ordered. Even though that large table had there pies when I sat down. When asked to speak to the manager she told me to wait when she came over she claimed pizza had been burnt. I requested an explanation to why we had been lied to & she became argumentative. At which time my daughter started crying at her own birthday dinner with it being 8pm now & she still hadn't eaten. At this time I left with my daughter & my in-laws & wife stayed to pay the bill since upon many requests to just bring the bill went ignored. My father inlaw asked to speak with owner which came out from behind the bar got into his face & told him if he had a problem with her he had a problem with him. ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW WOW.. AND EVERYONE WANTS TO KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH OUR SOCIETY. WHAT HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE A SIMPLE SORRY & THE PIZZA IS FREE WOULD HAVE DEFUSED THE SITUATION BUT INSTEAD WE HAVE THIS. ALL I CAN SAY IS THANKS FOR RUINING MY DAUGHTER'S 9TH BIRTHDAY DINNER!!!! Oh by the way we paid the bill & even tipped the waitress in case someone thinks we were out to get a free meal

4 Thank ffghhb
lakeinnlapeer, Owner at Lake Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
ffghhb,

I’ve already responded to your father-in-law’s largely inaccurate account of the incident that so disappointed your daughter on her 9th birthday, but I will address your inaccurate claims as well.

As I’ve stated before and will state again, I take my business very seriously and we welcome any and all feedback. Running a business isn’t easy and no matter how well it is run there will always be mistakes made and, inevitably, customers who are unhappy with the product or service provided. On behalf of my restaurant, I accept responsibility for the delay on the burnt pizza and I apologize for any disappointment this may have caused your daughter on her 9th birthday.

As a sign of my accepting responsibility for this incident, the pizza was removed from your bill - with apologies from our staff - as it was no doubt the right thing to do. According to your claim above, this is exactly what was needed to diffuse the situation. However, based on your father-in-law’s choosing to initiate a physical confrontation with our manager (who is also my wife), it is clear that this response simply was not good enough for you. The situation only escalated from there.

Maintaining a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for all of our guests is one of our TOP priorities. With that goal in mind, I will NOT tolerate anyone who treats any member of my staff, including and especially my wife, or any of our other customers, with the kind of disrespect your party did that evening. This is why you were asked to leave and I stand behind that decision 100%.

Also, please stop slandering my business all over the internet (Trip Advisor, Yelp, etc.). With almost all of the negative reviews of my business across all of the sites it belongs to coming within a day of each other (and not mention, all from people who have just signed up for the review site and this is their first ever review of a business) it’s quite clear the source of all of these negative posts can be tied back to this one isolated incident.

Kevin Knisely
Grand Blanc
“If it closes today that will not be soon enough”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I went to this place on the advice of some friends. I was with family for my Granddaughter's 9th Birthday. The waitress came to the table and disappeared. My Diet Coke and my Grandaughters water were empty for over 10 minutes. The appetizers came first and the Bloomin Onion was cold. After an hour the dinners finally came and my Grandaughter's personal cheese pizza did not make it. I was told that they were behind making pizzas. After I asked for a manager who came to the table and infromed me that the pizza had been burnt and they were in the process of making a new one. When I asked how long it would be she instantly became rude and obnoxious. I asked my waitress what the name of the manager was and after she told me I was confronted by her Husband the owner with a very filthy mouth and threatening to hit me. I asked him if he would please calm down and that only caused more filthy language and threats. We did tip the waitress (not her fault) and the owner followed me out of the restaurant. I will never visit this place again. If it closes today that will not be soon enough.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Joe c
lakeinnlapeer, Owner at Lake Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Joe C,

As owner of the Lake Inn, I take my business very seriously and welcome any and all feedback. Running a business - especially in this industry - isn’t easy and no matter how well it is run there will always be mistakes made and, inevitably, customers who are unhappy with the product or service provided. On behalf of my restaurant, I accept responsibility for the delay on the burnt pizza and I apologize for any disappointments this may have caused your Granddaughter on her 9th birthday. As a sign of my accepting responsibility for this incident, the pizza was removed from your bill as it was no doubt the right thing to do.

HOWEVER, as a business owner, I will NOT tolerate anyone who treats any member of my staff, including (and especially) my wife, with the kind of disrespect you did on this evening, taking your dissatisfaction so far as to initiate a physical altercation with her which required my intervention. Maintaining a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for all of our guests is one of our TOP priorities, and to that end, this is the reason why you were asked to leave. I stand behind this decision 100%.

Kevin Knisely

Been to Lake Inn? Share your experiences!