“Over Rated, not worth the wait”
Review of Blind Fish

Blind Fish
Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in Lapeer
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Close to the Holiday Inn Express in Lapeer, MI. Excellent food and reasonable prices.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Visited on a Saturday evening to celebrate a birthday at the New Lucky's Blind Fish. After indicating it would only be a 30 minute wait, we waited over an hour. We were told it was because of our large group size (Which was 5). The waitress was incredibly friendly when we saw her. The bread was hot and fresh and always a hit. Salads were ok, with a blend of brown lettuce in them. The potato soup was enjoyed by those who ordered. The entrees were less than mediocre. One had the Mahi Mahi which was a very small serving and was barely lukewarm with room temperature potatoes. The Fish Feast was plentiful but lukewarm. The create your own shrimp dinner was also barely warm. The steak was cooked right and warm.
Overall we were not impressed with the new layout, very loud and crowded which is just like the Lucky' in the area. Guess it should just be called Lucky if your food is hot.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We live in Lapeer and at first we enjoyed going to the Blind Fish for seafood, best at that time, still may be. But, we have been there on 3 occasions since and were asked to get out of our table, was served rancid salmon and the latest occasion was at the new restraunt. We decided to give them one more chance. We entered the building, no hostess at the stand, then three showed back up, didn't offer to help any of us standing there, were several couples waiting, finally got to hostess stand, got our pager, within 5 minutes our pager went off, took it to the hostess stand, there were several pages still on desk going off, the hostess said she didn't know how to turn them off and then asked me, did we set that off...was apauled...did they think I just picked one up. I said yes you paged, she then said well let me see if we have a table for you. We were seated, got water and loaf of bread. We waited and waited for our waitress to come take our order, she did motion, will be there in a minute. That minute never came and after 30 minutes of waiting we promptly got up and walked out of the restraunt. We will most likely never be back even with the voucher that a friend got for us, because he mentioned to the manager what happened. I have had similar experiences at Lucky's Davison which is owned by same person. I hope others have better luck or Lucky's is in trouble!!!! Wish you luck if you choose to visit Lucky's!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I go to the Blind Fish on a regular basis now. We found this place by accident online while looking for seafood. I always get crab legs, stuffed shrimp baked potatoe and salad and my husband get the 16 oz prime rib. All this for about $45.00! It's a lot of great food for the price. If you like Keno, they have an area you can play that as well. We have taken our children as well and recommend it to friends.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The food rocks and the prices are excellant! I wouldnt hesitate to suggest this place to anyone!

1  Thank Donna H
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Great atmosphere and food. Same owner as Lucky's in Davison. Best bread around. You can make a meal out of just their bread and soup or salad. They will be moving to their new location this summer.