“Nice but noisy”

Holiday Inn Express Lapeer
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lapeer
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Good: super nice staff, clean, newish remodel, decent breakfast
The Bad: far from the highway, not much insulation so outside noise and refrigerator noise and plumbing noise.

It's a nice place and the staff really goes above and beyond. The location is not great. The noise from other rooms was noticeable but not terrible.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank RoadLessTraveller
Andrea1569mi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. I am so glad to see that our staff was friendly and helpful, that is so important to us! I have shared your kind words along with my thanks for doing such a great job in taking care of you.

I'm sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the noise and we will be looking into ways to curb that issue in the future.

Again, thank you for the review and I hope you will think of us next time you are in the Lapeer-Flint area.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Lapeer

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I have been staying in this area the last month. Stayed at many hotels my standards are very high and they have meet my needs in every way possible. I'm not easy to please but they have went above and beyond my high standards. God bless thank you for making me feel like I was at home so far away from Florida on these cold days and nights.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Babiebrat

Even though you were far from home, I'm glad to see you felt at home as our guest.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed here on the way back from spending the winter in Florida. The staff was super friendly and gave us a great recommendation for where to go for a nice sit down supper. As we are Gold Members we were offered and took advantage of the late check out. It was super nice not to feel rushed to get going the next morning.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

We do have some grader restaurants in the area and am glad to see that you were able to enjoy one of them.
As a Gold Elite member you are one of our VIP guests and I'm glad to see that you were able to take advantage of some of the special amenities created just for you.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stayed here for one night after winter in Southwest. Found the room with king bed to be spacious, clean and comfortable. Definitely, up to HI standards with updated furniture, flat screen HDTV, WIFI, mini fridge & microwave.
A great place for a family to stay as the hotel had a nice, heated pool.
Breakfast included had many choices plus fresh fruit and also regular or turkey sausage with eggs.
Friendly hotel staff had recommendations for restaurants and directions to these.
Would definitely stay here again on way South or on return trip.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd or 3rd floor are quiet and away from lobby and pool area which can be busy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scuba312

I'm glad to see that you were able to take advantage of and enjoy several of our amenities as well as our local restaurants!

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a hockey tournament from Jan 9th-11th. Hotel room was nice. Unfortunately all they had available was King suites --which didn't fit our family of 4 very well. We ordered a cot and were told it would be complimentary. When we checked in, we were told the cots were given out first come first serve regardless if they were confirmed with booking. Needless to say we didn't receive a cot and had to purchase an air mattress. BUT we were still billed for the cot :(.
We brought the error on invoice to the receptions attention at 6:45am. At noon when we were checking out, it still hadn't been fixed :(
We also left a very expensive memory foam pillow there (in a tan pillowcase-clearly noticeable against their white sheets and blankets/pillows). ---called the hotel twice on day of checkout and have called twice since and mysteriously no one can seem to locate it--even tho we called within hours of checking out. They seem to offer no sort of explanation other than transfer me around :(
Hotel nice--customer service terrible!

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank MeMO2kids
Andrea1569mi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear MeMO2kids,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. I was happy to see that the you felt our hotel was nice property. I understand that when your team made their block of room, unfortunately there were only king rooms available, with that there should have not been a charge for the cot and I show that those charges were removed from your bill, I would be happy to confirm that with you and make sure you have a correct receipt I can be reached at 810-245-7700.
I have spoken to our housekeeping supervisor regarding your pillow, she said she did check out lost and found log yesterday when you had called and confirmed that this was not turned in. Im very sorry that your felt passed around - that is certianly not our intention. I would like the opportunity to see how we can rectify this for you and can be reached by phone at 810-245-7700 or gm@hielapeer.com

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Quick shopping trip to Michigan. Hotel is fairly close to highway and some large stores. Hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful, but rooms and hallways were not overly clean. There were stains on the bedspread and carpet was not cleaned well near the walls and under the table. Light in pool came out and floated on top of the water. We were instructed by staff to just push it back into the wall.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank YoungSnowBirds
Andrea1569mi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear YoungSnowBirds,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. I greatly appreciate the feedback and we will be using it to continuously improve our hotel. I am so glad to see that our staff was friendly and helpful, that is so important to us! I have also shared your review with our housekeeping and maintenance staff and we will be using to to make improvements on our property.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were visiting relatives, and this is a decent place to stay in town. We enjoyed the free breakfast. I thought there were plenty of hot options for a select service hotel. I'd stay here again.

The only downside was the room was freezing when we arrived. It took awhile to heat up.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear CCOOK83,

Thank you for the complimentary review of our hotel. Im glad that we were able to meet your needs and enjoy our hot breakfast in the morning! I have spoken with our housekeeping supervisor and we will be keeping the heat on low for our arriving guests on these really cold nights from now on.

We all look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guests in the future!

810-245-7700

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapeer
Best Western Lapeer Inn
Best Western Davison Inn
Days Inn Imlay City
Days Inn Imlay City
#1 of 4 in Imlay City
Red Roof Inn & Suites - Lake Orion/Auburn Hills
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lapeer? Share your experiences!