“What a wonderful hotel and Staff”

Holiday Inn Express Lapeer
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lapeer
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Excellent service, and Wonderful Staff. Room is clean and Breakfast was very good. The hotel even provide yummy snacks every evening. Thank you for spoiling us. We had a great time at your hotel. We love to stay with you again next time.

1  Thank valenciaexpressmom
Andrea1569mi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Hello!

Thanks for the great review! It was our pleasure to have you and the team as our guests! It is our hope that your travels bring you back to the Lapeer area soon so that we can host you again!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

In town for the Int. Silver Stick Hockey tournament, paid $140 a night for a room - BUT, it did have a jacuzzi in it, never had that before, and the staff were very accommodating. Lots of stores nearby makes it an easy stay.

1  Thank AEZ22
Andrea1569mi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your review! Your team was a pleasure to have and I'm glad that we provided you with great service! We truly value your feed and I will be sharing it with our staff.

Thank you for your business!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a great time at this hotel. The service was outstanding. We stayed two nights our housekeeper, Lynn did a great job of keeping our room clean. The front desk helped out with ever request I make.(more coffee) And Thank me when I told them about a door that was open. Breakfast was very good, even when we got down to it shortly before it closed, a good varity of food. I will stay at this hotel again when visiting my family in Lapeer. I had two room for the seven of us, 3 of the kids. Was nice they had a pool.

1  Thank Barb H

Thank you for the review! I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sharing your comments with the team and my thanks to them for treating you so well. We look forward to the opportunity to host you in the future.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

First time in this area and was pleased with our overnight stay. Front desk rep was courteous, housekeeper was the same. Room is spacious, equipped with fridge/microwave, linens fresh and bathroom clean! Location is excellent, within the shopping area and conveniently drive to/from I-69. Breakfast was good and staff were just great!

Room Tip: Our room facing the parking lot was excellent. Not a noise except a bit from the airconditioner. But...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eam A

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay.
We appreciate your kind words and are happy to see that you had an enjoyable time as our guests. I have shared you review with our staff and thanked them for a job well done!
We look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I'm giving this a low rate based on the level of trust. If I were to base it on the 'building' alone, I would say it was 'average'.
Our room was booked for 2 nights. The hotel and the room was clean. The parking lot had been plowed.
We slept in and missed breakfast so I can't comment on that. My husband & I purchased some inexpensive items & we put them in the hotel cabinets for safe keeping while we were out. Upon returning, I realized my items were missing.
My whole issue is regardless 'what' it was, MY THINGS were stolen.
When we talked to the young girl at the front desk, she decided to refund us the hotel room for 1 night.
She made good on her part, but unfortunately housekeeping can't be trusted. If you're going to stay here, & you have something of value, you just may want to take it with you while you're out....... I'm just sayen'.........

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DawnC926
Andrea1569mi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dawn,

I am so sorry to hear of this issue you had while staying at a hotel. However, I am concerned that this complaint was written about the wrong hotel. I have not heard of this issue and have spoken with my staff as well - they did not receive this complaint and did not issue a refund to anyone during this month. It is our policy that when such a serious complaint is made for the staff to contact the General Manager who will take ownership of this issue. I would like to speak with you regarding this and narrow down where your stay was at (there are several Holiday Inn Expresses is our area). Please call me at 810-245-7700. If your receipts show that this was made regarding the incorrect hotel would you please let me know as it is important to us to have this issue removed from our page. We take theft and these sorts of issues very serious.
810-245-7700
andrea.hiexpress@hotmail.com

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I made a reservation on line with Priority club...which I have done numerous times. When I got to my hotel in Lapeer, I initialed a rate upon checking in, but when I checked my bill against my on line rate I saw a 30 dollar discrepancy. When I told the manager, first she said it was too bad I initialed the rate upon checking in. After making a copy of the on line reservation which I luckily had, she said that it was common practice for Holiday Inn to change my reservation because in my profile with Priority club, I said I prefer a King size bed.(my on line reservation was for two queens this time) They reluctantly agreed to honor my rate, but "warned" me that this would happen again because of my profile....regardless of what room I book on line or for what price I agree to on line. I have made a lot of reservations through priority club and have never seen a discrepancy betwwen my on line rate and the rate I was billed. That said, the amenities of the hotel were very agreeable , and I enjoyed my stay there. However, discussing my bill in the lobby left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark T
Reviewed October 17, 2012

You really don't want to stay here. While we were there, someone's personal information was slipped under my door by mistake. Granted credit card information was x'd out, but name, address and other information was there. Also, that person's bill was much, much lower than mine for the same nights. There is no automatic door so getting your luggage through the lobby with the cart was a huge undertaking. They don't put trash bags in the trash cans and when we called about that thinking they just forgot, we were told they don't use them at all. I asked the maid for extra towels, didn't get. There is no slip mat in the bathroom. You have to remember to take in some wash clothes from the cubbie because there is no where in the bathroom for them and they don't put them there. The pancake maker did not work the entire time we were there. I felt sorry for the elderly lady who keep trying to fix it to no avail. I won't ever stay at a Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: If you want a good room with better service, stay some place other than here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathleen W
Andrea1569, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Kathleen,

I am very sorry to see that you were disappointed with your stay. I would like to apologize for the receipt being put under your door. Unfortunately, at times human errors do occur and this was one of those times. Guest privacy is very important to us and that is why we take the added precautions of not providing guest credit card info on any printed receipt.

I did look into the rate difference between the two rooms and you are correct - there is a rate difference. We have several different types of rooms and they do sell at different rates. The room that you reserved had two queen beds while the other room only had one bed, and that is the reason for the difference.

In regards to the room, I would like to assure you that our rooms are maintained to Holiday Inn Express Standards. We do not have garbage bags in our trash bins, but all are emptied, washed and sanitized on a daily basis.

While our rooms do not have the typical bath mats that you use at home, they are coated with a commercial grade, anti-slip material that is in line with industry standards.

Our amenity tray is located on the vanity and does have three cubbies for the wash cloths; we will certainly look into providing an additional washcloth in the bathtub area of the room.

Our pancake machine is one of our most popular breakfast items, I understand that we did have to change the belt on the machine this weekend and there was a short period of time that the machine was not in use due to this. I do apologize that this was during the time you were in breakfast.

I would be happy to speak with you further or answer any other questions. We pride ourselves on our hotel, our services and our adherence to our company’s standards.

Thank you.
Andrea St.Laurent

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapeer
Best Western Lapeer Inn
Days Inn Imlay City
Days Inn Imlay City
#1 of 4 in Imlay City
Best Western Davison Inn
Red Roof Inn & Suites - Lake Orion/Auburn Hills
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lapeer? Share your experiences!