“A New Place in Lapeer”

Louie's Sports Tavern
Ranked #38 of 66 Restaurants in Lapeer
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 29, 2009

While I have family in Lapeer that enjoys good food and good atmosphere. It can be touch and go around those parts. So, when you hear of a new restaurant you take your chances and hope its not going to be the same burger and beer joint. Quite the contrary. For a sports bar I found its setting to be quite upscale. I did feel it should have more sports memorabilia. However, Huge flat screens aligned the walls making it hard to miss any action for any game. The drink menu was refreshing including martinis, frozen specialties and many domestic and import beers including those on tap. Fortunately, I have a pretty big family so we sampled a little bit of everything. From the baby back ribs, chicken balsamic with a raspberry tease (the one I ordered), Caesar Salad with Jumbo shrimp-right on down to the basic burger. Not one complaint from my company. We were leaving just before the entertainment showed up last night. It looked to be an acoustic type entertainment. Nonetheless, it was filling up quite quickly. So, I can see what other reviewers were talking about when it came to the loudness. But I suppose after 9 it is what is to be expected at a bar type atmosphere. So in my opinion, thank you Louie's best of luck, Lapeer needed something like this for quite some time.

1  Thank lovinia73

Reviewed March 19, 2009

I was only there 10 minutes and I was ready to leave. VERY VERY LOUD, kids running around like it was a gym. Instant headache! As for the food, not much of a selection and what I had, YUCK.... Three bites and I was done. I will never go back!

1  Thank Lapeer810
Reviewed March 2, 2009

VERY VERY LOUD!!! Hard to talk to others at your table. The food was Ok. Not great. Menu selection wasn't that great. Probably won't go back.

1  Thank dabearsrock