All reviews front desk would stay again decent breakfast nice hotel breakfast room staff was friendly king suite first floor nice room comfortable bed hot tub jim lobby michigan msu freeway mattress
Reviewed November 9, 2017

Was there on an overnight business trip. The room I was given had a musty smell. There was no other rooms as they were sold out. When I went into the bathroom, there was hairs on my "clean" towels and they were not mine. They had put in a new shower bar in for the curtain and it was a horrible patch job. The staff never said hello while we walked in and out or left the next morning.
I have come to expect so much more from a Marriott property. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Dear michiganmark1369,

Thank you for your review of our Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing West. We are so sorry to hear that we fell short of meeting your expectations. Please be assured that your comments will be shared with my staff to correct any deficiencies and to ensure that yours was an isolated incident. We want to ensure that we are both providing impressive service and ensuring a clean experience for our guests. Your feedback is appreciated and we do offer our apologies once again for the disappointment. If you should return to the area, we do hope you will reconsider and give us another chance to provide you with the stay that you deserve.

Reviewed October 5, 2017

this is a typical Fairfield Inn property. It is very clean, good service from the front desk, and decent breakfast. The gym is fine but pretty basic. This is not near MSU if you are planning to do things @ or near MSU

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Dear Anthony H,

Thank you for your review of our Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing West. We are glad to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and that you enjoyed good service. If you should return to the area, we do hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed September 30, 2017

It was a nice representation of the brand. The staff was friendly and nice. The hotel was well maintained, and the grounds nice. The room was comfortable, a nice extended suite type room. Good mattress. I had a nice corner jacuzzi tub in the room, but it wasn't as clean as it should have been. It was a quiet location. The price was just a tad on the higher side. Close to shopping and some restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

Spent 2 nights at the Fairfield for a football weekend. Hotel is about 1/2 hour to the stadium via some not so nice parts of Lansing. Check in was fine but we quickly found left over clothes in our room. Talk about the yuck factor. Hotel seems tired and worn. Breakfast was fine. Staff was often in the breakfast room or out front smoking.

As a platinum member we have stayed in many Marriotts and this is not near the top. For future stays there are other nicer Marriott properties to try.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2017

Dear shess10,

Thank you for your review of our Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing West. We are so sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations during your time with us. It is understandable how frustrating it can be when something isn’t what was expected. Please be assured that we will share your comments with our housekeeping staff to ensure that any deficiencies are corrected. If you should return to the area, we hope you will allow us a chance to make up for this.

Reviewed August 31, 2017

I stayed at this particular Fairfield Inn for 2 weeks while in town for business. Checking in was great and I loved my room; particularly being able to log in to Netflix on the T.V. instead of having to watch on my laptop! Breakfast was great and plentiful.

But, unfortunately the negatives really stood out to me:

In the minor problem category was the pool temp and lack of hot tub! Also, the wi-fi was hard to log into from my phone, you must log back in each time you come back to the hotel and select that you want free lower speed internet or higher speed internet for something like $4/day. Finally, if you plan your mornings down to the minute, don't count on your wakeup call. One day it didn't come at all, other days it came 3-5 minutes late.

But worse than that was the front desk crew in the evenings... my first experience with the front desk was wonderful; check in was quick, the information given was helpful and the employee was friendly, even calling to make sure I liked my room. Then, when I returned to the hotel later that night and jumped in the pool and the lights turned out on me (despite the pool not closing for another hour) when I called the front desk, they said the lights were motion activated, so I "just need to move".... I assure you I was not swimming in a motionless fashion. Other times when I went to the pool the night crew left it without towels; when I went to the front desk to ask for them, I was made to wait several minutes (a regular thing) and then handed a whole stack of towels, like I was going to replenish the pool towel rack for them. Often I would walk in to the hotel lobby on my way to my room after dinner and the employees would not even look up from their phones. So, in total, if you're big on customer service, either don't stay here or don't leave your rooms or require anything after about 7pm.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2017

Dear Michelle C,

Thank you for your review of our Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing West. We are so glad to hear that you had an easy check-in process and that you enjoyed our in-room Netflix access as well as our delicious breakfast. We are disappointed, however, to hear that we failed to meet your (and our own) expectations in terms of service. One of our main goals is to provide impressive and exceptional service to every guest and it sounds that if in your case we have fallen short. Please be assured that I will share your comments with my staff to ensure that your situation was an isolated incident and for re-training purposes. We do hope to have a chance to make this up to you on a future visit.