“GREAT service and value here!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing West
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“GREAT service and value here!”
Reviewed April 16, 2009

I had to spend one night here recently. After checking in late the clerk gave me $10 off my room rate and when I needed directions he kindly printed them off and slipped them under my door. It seems like a little thing but in this class of hotel this kind of service was greatly appreciated. The room was clean, the beds comfortable, and the hotel was quiet even though it was full. I didn't try the breakfast so I can't comment on it. Overally I'd say that I'd stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Lungfruit
cookie2009, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing West, responded to this review, June 26, 2009
Great thanks for your kind words! Your guest service attendant was probably Jim, who’s been with us for years and loves his job, or Steve, our esteemed general manager, whom you might find working at any hour, on any shift as he’s needed. As you discovered, regardless of who helped you, our staff is there for your convenience, in any capacity we’re able to fulfill to insure your stay comes off seamlessly. Whether you’re here on business or pleasure, we’ll go the distance to make you feel welcomed and special, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Michigan
Reviewed September 23, 2008

This is a gem hidden in a value hotel! Super service starting with a warm greeting from front desk guy, Jim, when I walked in. I had a bunch of stuff to carry in and he came out to get the door for me when he saw me with my hands full. He pointed out the fresh cookies (I managed to grab one, even with all my bags!).

After I dumped everything in my room, I came back to the lobby where he was ready to help again. Gave me an easy-to-read map so I could find my next-day destination, and suggested Cheddar's down the street for a good meal at a decent price.

The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Loved the bed (maybe I just loved the extra pillows that are always there for me at my Marriott hotels <g>). Wake up call came on time, check out was a breeze, and I will definitely return to this Fairfield next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank VTXgirl
cookie2009, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing West, responded to this review, July 14, 2009
We’re always pleased when folks actually take the time to tell us how their stay with us went, and most especially when they cast the spotlight on our wonderful staff. And Jim is one of our hardest working front desk veterans who knows instinctively what busy, tired travelers need at the end of their long day and simply acts accordingly. He has a legendary sense of humor and so clearly cares about what he does, right down to the finest detail when it comes to making his guests comfortable during their stay. We’re proud of Jim, as we are of our entire family at the Lansing Fairfield Inn. Thanks for your comments, and please come again soon!
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Stoped here for one night on our way to Chicago. We found a coupon book in a service station that offered the room for only 60.00 a night so we decided to go there. Staff were very friendly and told us the Bennigin's right next door was the best place for dinner and they were right.
Pool looked nice, even though we did not use. Wished there was a exercise room though. They even had fresh cokkies in the evening. The room was extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was also very clean.
What made the hotel a 4-star was the breakfast. Even though it was a free continental breakfast, there was very little to choose from, but that wasn't that bad.
Great place to spend the night to get off the road and would absolutely stay here again.

• Liked — rooms, staff, close to i-69
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Shelby Township
Reviewed January 21, 2008

We enjoyed our stay at the Fairfield Inn in Lansing. The rooms were very clean and nice looking. Beds were comfortable and the entire hotel smelled clean. The employees were friendly and helpful. We were at another hotel and had a bad experience and decided to move. The front desk was very helpful and we ended up getting this room for cheaper than the other hotel. The pool area was clean and the breakfast was very good with many choices. We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — Very clean.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Rochester, NY
Reviewed September 8, 2007

This is a nice budget hotel. The rooms were a bit worn - particularly the bathroom - but they were clean. They have tea and coffee at all times in the lobby, as well as a bowl of fruit. They also have a nice free breakfast - lots of choices. The night we checked in there were fresh warm cookies as well! The big problem was that the bed was INCREDIBLY uncomfortable - so much so that we had to switch to a room with two beds (which were still uncomfortable). I think they were too firm for me. So if you like firm beds, this place is for you.

Stayed August 2007
Michigan
Reviewed September 7, 2007

We stayed here because of a golf tournament that my son was in. The front desk was excellent! We had warm chocolate chips cookies in the lobby for us when we checked in. Our room was ready and I was pleasantly surprised to see how clean and well lite the room was along with the comfortable beds at a such great rate! Before bed I called for another blanket and room service immediately brought up a thick comforter. Included during our stay we had internet service, a pool, spa and breakfast . I couldn't believe it was all included not to mention their excellent customer service! This was one of the nicest stays I have had in a long time!

• Liked — The clean rooms and comfortable beds
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Deb Y
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 3, 2007

Since the other reviews are getting a bit dated, I would like to comment that the hotel is still very good. The reception, like most Marriott receptions, was friendly and helpful. The room was decent and clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2007