“Good Value, Excellent Service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing West
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Leelanau, MI
“Good Value, Excellent Service”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My family and extended family have stayed at this hotel several times. We always find it to be clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful. We are especially impressed by Jim at the front desk. He goes out of his way to make guests feel welcomed. We had a family gathering at the hotel and Jim was so gracious and accommodating. We will definely continue to stay at this Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
CALGARY
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel was up to par with what you expect from the Fairfield chain.Good value and staff were great,friendly and helpfull.room was clean lots of towels and roomy.easy to get to from highway.The breakfast area was clean and roomy lots of choice for breakfast.Good place to stay.

Room Tip: Check this place out if you are going past the area
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Having stayed in this area before I really enjoy staying at this property. Clean comfortable rooms, indoor pool with hot tub. Great location to restaurants and bars, many within walking distance. No onsite fitness facility but they offer access to facility in hotel next door (residance inn) and offer free access to nearby gym. The breakfast in the morning offers an aray of hot goodies and also healthy choices. Overall a nice stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PA
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were a bit disappointed to have to stay in Lansing when we were eager to be as close to MSU as possible for the big Ohio State game. But, I have to say, Fairfield Inn was a lovely option. We had a wonderful, quiet room with a sitting area that was separate from the bed. Everything was crispy clean. (Rugs were being cleaned throughout the entire hotel that weekend.) Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Breakfast fine in the morning. Lots of eateries to chose from nearby. And for runners, a fairly accessible walker's path just a few minutes from the hotel. Would eagerly stay again.

Room Tip: Runners: exit hotel, take a right onto the street. Take your first right into the residential neigh...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We checked in to a suite which was nicely decorated and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Even though the lobby was undergoing remodeling, breakfast was served, albeit somewhat limited.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms were very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Spent one night here with wife & daughter. Generally a good choice. Hotel looks pretty new and is in good condition. Decent sized rooms, comfortable beds. Staff were a bit mixed. Good check-in experience, nobody around when I dropped off the key to leave (did notice they put up a sign when there is nobody on the front desk saying they are elsewhere helping a guest - staff were actually outside smoking the one time we saw this).
Bathroom could have been a bit cleaner.
Location is good just off the interstate. Lot's of eating choices in the area (Carrabba's is good for "chain Italian"). Help-yourself breakfast was basic with pretty limited choices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I usually stay at the Marriott Courtyard on Lake Lansing Road when I am in the Lansing area. This trip I was decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn on Delta Commerce Drive. It was a bit of a drive to where I needed to be but I got a better rate.

Check-in took a little longer than I had hoped but it gave me the opportunity to check out the common areas of the hotel. They had a nice bowl of apples sitting out for people and the breakfast area looked clean and sufficient. My room was clean and the staff was friendly. It looked to be a great place to stay.

After returning to my room a little after 9pm, I settled in for the night. Unfortunately, I then discovered that the walls appear to be very thin. My room was located about 2 doors away from the pool. There was a constant running of children up and down the halls until well after 11pm. The people in the room above me were constantly pacing, shutting drawers and moving about until well after midnight. When I attempted to go to sleep, I found myself rolling towards the nightstand side of the bed. The mattress needed to be replaced or flipped. I finally got to sleep around 1am and was awakened by the steady sound of the ice machine being used a little before 6am. The machine was opposite my room. People must have been lined up to fill up their coolers for their trips wherever they were going. I did not get a very good night's rest.

All in all, if you aren't located by the pool or across from the ice machine and you are located on a top floor, you will probably have a nice stay. Here is a tip - sleep on the side of the bed that isn't near the night stand.

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor and anywhere near the ice machine.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
LansingFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing West, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and bringing these issues to our attention. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying with us. We have addressed the issue with the bed and have replaced the box spring. Thank you for taking the time to respond; we value our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you keep the Fairfield West Lansing in mind next time you stay in the area.