“Great stay!”

Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Stephenson, Michigan
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

My family and I stayed for two nights for a FFA State Competition. The room was very nice and clean. Great breakfast. Staff was pleasant and accomodating. Would definetely stay here again, especially for the great rate we received. Thanks, Ramada!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We booked this room on Hotwire which claimed it was a 3 1/2 star hotel like a Marriott. Not even close! I cannot believe this hotel gets away with calling itself a 3 1/2 star! We stayed in two rooms for myself, my husband, my parents and our two kids. Here is why we scored it so low:

Outside: unkept parking lot, not plowed of snow. The "secured" door that required a room key to enter was opened at all hours. No security at all! Building looks old.

Hallways: numbers falling off the room doors, elevator had broken buttons and missing buttons. Hallway floors were not swept during our stay.

Room: the decor was modern and nice, some furniture was newly updated, other was old. Tv was an old school tube TV, I have not seen a tv like this in a hotel for a long time. It was nice of the staff to provide 2 alcohol wipes for cleaning the remote and phone. First hotel I've seen that provides cleaning products for its guests. The phone was disgusting. The beds were comfortable but the room had a dank dingy smell. Rusty base boards in the bathroom.

I have no review of the breakfast or pool as we did not utilize these. I am sad we spent $130 for two rooms at this place. I would have been furious if i paid full price for this room. I will never ever stay here or possibly a ramada again. Ramada should be ashamed of themselves.

• Stayed February 2013

Travelers are raving about these Lansing hotels

Haslett, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I booked this hotel blind through a discount travel site and was surprised by the negative feedback I read on tripadvisor. Fortunately, I had a clean room, a firm comfortable bed, firm comfortable pillows, thick towels, and a nice hot buffet breakfast in a very large dining room. The one downside was that it was difficult to enjoy the pool, hot tub, and sauna area. There was a large party of children staying at the hotel. At least 2 dozen children screamed and were in the age-restricted sauna and hot tub areas.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, make sure you request a room that is not pool adjacent.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
East Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just an overnight stay. My room was quite clean, but the half-hearted attempts at updating could really use some more work. They should seriously consider getting rid of the bedspreads and going to the duvets/triple-sheeting that many hotels have adopted. Other than that, the staff was friendly and professional. Just don't expect the Ritz...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank K S
Waterford, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We came to this hotel for New Years...never again! What a dirty dump. Half of the doors are missing room numbers, the carpet was stained and dirty. The pool area was dirty along with the pool water. It reminded of the pool from the movie Vacation...the water was green. When we complained to the staff we were told that the manager was not available and to call the next day. Needless to say he did not care about our complaints. I would not waste my money of this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Trenton, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for business, very dated. Needs a face lift terribly. Staff is ok, rooms not so, much. Bathtub has rust stains and hair (eeeewwww). Peeling paint and dirty carpet are throughout. Trying to get my company to change to something else.

• Stayed December 2012