Rodeway Inn
Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU(Lansing)(Great Value!)
$57
$75
$106
Travelocity
$162
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I typically take reviews of lower cost hotels with a grain of salt, as it's difficult to understand fully the reviewer's expectations going in. This is one place where the reviews are right on, and I would not stay here again.

I pre-booked a king room, and after checking in found that I had a room with two doubles. The air-conditioner was unplugged and front panel hanging partially off, and the window open - at the end of a long warm day. But what really got me was that the smoke alarm was beeping. I went back to the front desk and from what I could understand was asked if everything was ok. I explained about the smoke alarm, and the king room that I reserved, but no king rooms were available. I was switched to another room. two double beds. It was late, I figured I could go with it.

OK, so in this room, the air conditioner worked and soon cooled the room after I turned it on and closed the window. Then I turned on the TV, which was uneventful because I read the directions during one of my visits to the front desk. It's not as simple as pointing the remote at the TV and pressing "ON' - but the process does work, even if half the channels did not (no connection at this time).

Alright, pick a bed. The first bed had holes in the sheets. I'd say burn holes, although they didn't appear burned... but holes anyway. Second bed seemed fine, but at this point it was my only choice, and I decided not to be too critical of this one. The carpets in the room seemed to be what I can only call greasy. The toilet never did seem to want to flush very well.

I'm not much of a breakfast eater, but will have a danish, egg, or something in the morning when it's convenient. I did not eat breakfast, although I did have an uninspired cup of coffee.

I'm usually fairly generous in most reviews, but everything about this hotel screamed cheap, and nobody seems to care. On my way down to the desk in the morning I could still hear the smoke alarm chirping down the hallway.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business