“They door didn't lock, reported it, but they charged us after 10 minutes from check-in”
Review of Super 8 Lansing

Super 8 Lansing
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Glen Ellyn, IL
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We made the reservation the week before for our son, daughter-in-law and 5 month old grandson. The Super 8 sent us a confirmation. When they hauled the first load of luggage up to the room they found their room door didn't lock. They reported it to the manager right away but it took nearly a hour before he arrived to check on it. They did not feel safe. They manager confirmed it was a problem and they left the hotel at that time. That evening we called to see if we would be charged. They said yes and pointed to the Registration which said, and I quote "No refunds will be issued after 10 minutes of Check-in." They notified the mannager right away but he didn't come until nearly an hour later--they charged us $30 for that hour. What a travesty!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BudgetConscious2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
valparaiso, indiana
Reviewed June 26, 2011

came to oldsmobile car show in june 2011, with an expensive car i might add, and noticed a few vehicles in the lot that have been damaged....one vehicle had all of it's tires slashed....
decided this may not be the place to stay -----did not even check in and tried to cancel the reservation.... " this will go to collection," the so-called clerk said to me as i walked out....
probably the most rude individuals ---and i might add, probably not even legal citizens of this country. DO NOT STAY AT THIS DUMP....RUN AWAY.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Lansing hotels

TX
Reviewed August 24, 2008

We had reservations for 3 nights. Arrived late the first night and checked out early the next morning. When we left I had to empty my purse, shake out the ants and clean everything... it was the grossest place we have ever stayed and since we booked it on hotels.com we lost our money! Stay away from this place. August 2008.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank letstravelTx
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2008

Dont go near this hotel . We and 2 other family members booked 2 king beds and when we got there they only had 1 and we had to settle for queen . When I took it up to the Hotel Manager who doesnt speak much English he told me that he only had 2 king rooms period and one was already spoken for. You dont get what you book. Another disgrace is the Tv was scratched and had purple and green colours on each side of the screen and couldnt see the picture on the screen. There was a plate sticking out of the wall in the bathroom which looked like it was ready to fall out. This is also is in the worst location, you have to drive thru a Bob Evans restaurant parking lot to get there.

KEEP AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott
Ontario, canada

• Liked — didnt have any
  • Disliked — didnt receive what i booked
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank satty03
Roseville, Minnesota, USA
Reviewed May 8, 2008

Well all I can say is that it wasn't my choice to stay at this dump. I use TripAdvisor to weed out the undesirables. But my disorganized friend likes to wing it and this is what you get.

The place is in shambles. The parking lot cannot accommodate a trailer. The breakfast was milk and some muffins, which is way below Super 8 standards. Occasional scary people wondering around. The whole area looks like it had been destroyed by a riot.

Don't spend a dime at this place. Super 8 should remove this property from their portfolio. This place is an embarrassment to the chain.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank PoliticalTraveler
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed May 4, 2008

Nasty. I've stayed in six different Super 8's this year. Four were good, one was not-so-exciting, and then there is this.

I really don't like leaving bad reviews.

So I'll try to say something good first: The kid working the front desk at night was really friendly and got the clean linens I asked for. The location is good. But that's about it.

Otherwise bad. The floor in the room had visible crud on it. The interstate right outside sounded amplified in my room. One of the towels had a nasty black stain on it. The others were thin from use. The free breakfast was not what I would consider breakfast (especially by other Super 8 free breakfasts I've seen). The blanket and pillow cases were visibly gross. Ewww.

Had it been any worse, I would've canceled my second night and tried my luck somewhere else.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter S
chicago, illinois
Reviewed March 21, 2008

We just stayed a night in this Super 8 motel and reserved 2 double bedrooms for 4 people. We thought this would be a deal, but when we got there we found out that it was not worth the bargain. It was the worst Super 8 that we've gone to so far. The breakfast was non-existent. There were only 2 leftover muffins for breakfast that morning and we got up at 7am. Also, the night before, we were put in a room with a runny bathroom that constantly was flowing water. We called the management office and the teenager (who was nice) helped get us a new place, but the bed was lopsided. Overall, it was nice to spend only $52 for each double room, but all the other hotels around there were going for the same price. Try another hotel as this one isn't all that it should be.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank kangeroo82
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel
#4 of 25 in Lansing
Comfort Inn & Suites Dimondale
Hampton Inn & Suites East Lansing / Okemos
Fairfield Inn East Lansing

Been to Super 8 Lansing? Share your experiences!