“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
ohio
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We stayed here for two nights this past week in a room on the first floor; I really thought the hotel was very nice--updated; clean; comfortable; very friendly staff; I would definitely stay there again. The room was spacious; beds comfortable; loved having plenty of pillows; the pool was adequate; the breakfast was pretty standard---I would suggest using a higher quality plastic wear---its obviously the cheapest, but difficult to use if you need to cut something etc since its so flimsy; also would like to see an "upgrade" in the pastry area--the danish are run of the mill/kind of tasteless; maybe some good donuts/ good muffins? Would like to see a fountain pop machine in the breakfast area, like I have seen at least one of the hotels in this chain; do love that coffee is always available; the only negative I can think of is----when we stopped to inquire to see if they had a room available, i was told that there were only rooms with two doubles with a balcony available which costs a bit more; I went out to talk to my husband (he was waiting in the car) I went back in after about ten minutes and got the room; later I remembered what had been said about "only have rooms with balconies left" --we did not have a balcony, so I went to the desk to inquire why we paid more, and the girl adjusted my bill; I found that a bit concerning--if I had not asked we would have paid an extra $30 when we shouldn't have ; however she was very nice about taking care of the matter.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hotelmanagergr, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I will be sure to talk to the staff about rates and availability to make sure that everyone is paying close attention to how much each room type costs so they can apply the charges accordingly. Thank you for bringing to our attention! This is a great training topic for my staff.

As for your stay, we are pleased that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. We will take you feedback into consideration to make the necessary improvements to make your next experience even better than your last one!

Jessika Royce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
South Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed August 14, 2014

My family was in town for a Wedding so I was looking for something where the 4 of us could sleep comfortably at a reasonable price and it was here at the Comfort Inn. We picked a large room with a King and a pull-out couch as we knew our 4 year old would get a kick out and even with the crib and the couch out there was still plenty of room to spare. The staff was nice enough to provide us with a crib on short notice and have it setup in our room while we were out for rehearsal. I like the fact that I was able to book and pay ahead and save almost $20 a night! When we are back in town to visit our friends, we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and you had plenty of room for you and your family to relax in our King Study type of room. Please come back anytime!

detroit
Reviewed August 12, 2014

spent 2 nights for out of town wedding. hubby is disabled and couldn't ask for more help the staff gave me. didn't want to get out of the bed it was so comfy and all the pillows wow. jessika at desk was perfect and I want to says thanks so much to the others that drove the van to wedding and did everything else for me. also cassie my yorkie says thank you for the treats and made me feel so welcome. karyn mitchelson

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you Karyn!

It was our pleasure to be able to house everyone from the wedding group. You kind words go a long way with our staff and I will be sure to tell Laura you said thank you! I am always a sucker for you cute pup such as yours and we love spoiling them with treats!

If you are in the Lansing area, be sure to come and stay with us again!

O'fallon, Missouri
Reviewed August 11, 2014

When I visited this motel last year it was superior but it has gone downhill since then. The breakfast and the staff are still good but the rooms are not nearly as clean and well maintained, They have provided a lovely area for smokers.

Room Tip: Never let them give a room close to the smoking area which is to the left of the front entrance. It...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Annette,

I would like to apologize on behalf of myself as well as the rest of our staff for failing to exceed your expectations. If at any time you are unhappy with your stay, please let the front desk know without delay and we will do anything we can to make your stay more enjoyable!

We hope that you will give a second chance to give you superior service.

Best Regards,
connecticut
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I can't believe I got this place for a bargain priceline price. As many other reviewers mentioned, this place "feels" way more luxurious than the typical cheap highway hotel. Nice "suite" arrangement, microwave, refrigerator, and the "continental" breakfast had hot food as well. Nice beds, linens, and friendly staff. Restaurants within walking distance. I have been so disappointed by expensive hotels recently that it was amazing to find an inexpensive one that way exceeded my expectations. Can't think of anything negative to say!

1 Thank petpig
Wow! We really appreciate your review of our hotel! It is always nice to see that our hard work and dedication to our guests are ensuring that you can have a positive experience. Thank you again for your kind words and we cannot wait to see you again next time!

Sierra Vista, AZ
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I spent a night here while visiting a friend. Great place! The percentage pleased with this hotel should be far higher. The room was clean, comfortable and really a good size. It was well-appointed. There were five pillows on the bed so you could certainly find one that worked for you. When I checked in there were cookies at the front desk - and with a reservation, check in was a breeze. They had complimentary pizza in the breakfast room which was a nice touch, but since we were headed to my friend's for dinner, we didn't partake of it. Breakfast this morning was ample. Eggs, sausage links, waffles, all the pastries you could want along with english muffins and bread for toast, yogurt, cereals, fresh fruit - more than ample. The attendant manning the breakfast room was pleasant and kept the room clean and food items replenished. The price was great, too, so no problems here. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to review our hotel! It is always great to receive positive feedback. We thank you for choose our hotel for your stay!

We look forward to see you next time!

Holmes Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this Comfort Inn for 13 days while visiting family and friends in Michigan. The bed and pillows were so comfortable it was like we were in our own beds. The breakfast provided was fantastic, much better than many other hotels offer. Twice a week they even provided pizza and during the week an afternoon cookie! Staff were all very helpful and professional. We will definitely stay here again. Thank you!!

Room Tip: All there rooms have been updated and the 1st floor allows for pets.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
It was a pleasure having you and your husband as guests at our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed our hotel amenities. We thank you for choosing our hotel while you were visiting family here in Michigan!

Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel and we can't wait to see you again soon!