“Clean Room but very damp”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Room is clean, seems reasonably updated, good strong water pressure in shower, comfortable and soft bedding, nice and efficient checking in and out, standard fare offered at breakfast, nice and clean breakfast room. We could not sleep well because the A/C is a bit strange. Low temp will remove humidity but the room is freezing cold. Higher temp leaves the room quite damp and humid. The dampness and humidity make things just uncomfortable. The price we got the room for is quite reasonable, however.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jessie H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Guest- Thank you very much for taking time to write a review of our property, we greatly appreciate all of your feedback. I'm happy to hear that for the most part you felt we were up to standards and you enjoyed your stay. I apologize that you had a hard time with the air conditioning in your room. Hopefully we will see you again next time you are in the area and please alert the staff with any issues, we would be happy to help you! Your comfort is most important to us and I apologize about the dampness you felt.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I just got an email from another brand, confirming my October reservation. I called the Lansing Hampton to confirm. They are switching brands on June 26th :(
I prefer to stay with Hampton because I get rewards benefits with them <sigh>. There goes a great deal of a hotel...

My last stay was in May. Our room wasn't up to normal specifications but they took care of the problem for us. We have always stayed at the Lansing Hampton whenever we're in town. The new brand will be a different loyalty program and all my points are with the Hilton/Hampton brand so I guess this was my last stay...

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest- Yes it is true, we are now a Comfort Inn! While we are no longer part of the HHonors program, we are now part of Choice Privileges which is a very similar program! If you would like to call me at the hotel I would be happy to go over it with you and even get you signed up! We recently renovated our hotel so it's even better than ever! I thank you for your past business and hope that we are able to see you again. My phone number at the hotel is 517-627-8381 (ask for Jessie). I would be happy to speak with you about the new rewards program!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My parents, sister and myself attended the NASCAR race in Brooklyn, MI and chose to stay in Lansing about 1hr from the track due to the difference in hotel cost and availability. This hotel provided exactly what we needed. The rooms were a good size, clean, good bedding. We enjoyed the pool area one night, it was great. They offered a variety of items for breakfast, minimum 2 hot items each morning (ie, eggs, sausage etc), there was only one morning that the hot items were not the greatest. Staff were very pleasant, lots of areas to gather and socialize with other guests. Hotel was very quiet even with multiple teenage sporting teams checked in that weekend as well. If we were in the lansing area again I would stay here, $93 for race weekend is a great deal.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Guest- Thank you so much for taking time to write such a nice review of our property! I'm so happy it worked out that you were able to stay here during the race and from what it sounds like had a great trip! We pride ourselves in taking good care of our guest rooms and public areas so it's always nice to hear about it when guests enjoy it. Next time you are in the area we hope to see you again! As of June 26 we are now a Comfort Inn, same great hotel and service just a new name! Thank you again for the kind review.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Excellent hotel and excellent service, really liked the beds and the crib was packaged so you knew it was clean. Staff handled problems right away and are extremely friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jessie H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Guest- Thank you so much for the kind review. We work very hard to provide a welcoming atmosphere and a clean hotel so thank you for your acknowledgements. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

After a long day, the check in experience was great with a welcoming and friendly front desk staff. Tyler was helpful in check in and went out of his way to help me with an additional reservation. Nice rooms, quiet and convenient location.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest- Thank you so much for writing such a nice review of our property. We understand you have many options of places to stay and thank you for your business. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and that Tyler was able to go out of his way to help you. As of June 26 we are now a Comfort Inn, same great service just a new name! We hope to see you next time you are in the Lansing area!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Ok. Marcus at the Hampton inn knows business travel. Got me checked in, asked if i wanted advice on a meal, and gave me a coupon, a smile, and even made me smile after 400 miles of driving. Came back after a good meal, and I even decided to stay another evening.

Matthew

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Matthew S

Matthew- Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review of our property. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our stay and even decided to stay another evening! We are lucky to have such a wonderful staff and Marcus is certainly no exception! Thank you again for taking time to fill out a review, we truly appreciate it. Next time you are in the area, be sure to check out the new Comfort Inn (we converted as of June 26). Same fabulous service we have always offered!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I just checked out this morning and had a pleasant stay. All staff I encountered were very friendly and accomodating. The breakfast featured standard offerings of a Hampton Inn. The facility itself looks a bit dated from the outside, but they disguise it very well in the rooms and common areas. The bathrooms are a bit dim with low ceilings, but that is to be expected from an older building. It looks like a new Hampton Inn will be opening just down the road so I wonder what the fate will be of this hotel. Convenient access to the freeway, bars, restaurants, big box retail and a shopping mall. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Jessie H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Guest- Thank you very much for taking time to write such a nice review of the Hampton Inn Lansing. I'm thrilled that you found the staff to be friendly and accommodating and that you enjoyed the breakfast provided. While the building itself is a bit older, we are constantly renovating and doing what we can to provide a clean and comfortable stay for our guests. In regards to the new Hampton being built down the road, our hotel will be converting to a Comfort Inn as of June 26. We are excited for this new change! We have just redone our lobby and breakfast area and got brand bedding in all of our guest rooms. We will still offer the same great service as well as complimentary breakfast in the morning. Thank you again for your review and choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you again next time!