“The Extra Mile”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
New Baltimore, Michigan
“The Extra Mile”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Well, I have stayed here many times and I must say that my title says it all. On the previous visit, some of my soda had froze and burst in the fridge. When I came to stay this time, I wanted to make sure it wouldn't happen again. The Manager Josh, not only suggested the proper setting but gave me 4 free soda's for the inconvenience of the last visit. Also, There was an issue with a TV channel that really didn't bother me too much other than the fact I wanted to catch one of my regular shows. Not only has Josh been working on the issue to get the channel back, but he gave me a discount for the trouble. This hotel and their staff have definitely gone the extra mile and above and beyond what I had expected.

I give this hotel 5 stars and would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone!

Thank you again Josh the manager.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Josh S, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I am so sorry again for your sodas but am glad we could make this up to you.
Please let us know if we can ever be of further assistance and we'll look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
San Diego
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had an Army reunion at this location. It was a large group of us, and we had no problems scheduling or getting space. When we were there, the hotel was very helpful making sure we had everything we needed. Laura, the overnight manager, did a great job handling some of the problems that came up. She was very professional and showed excellent judgement. We plan on making it a yearly event. Thanks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind words and sharing your experience. We are very appreciative to help with such a wonderful occasion! We look forward to seeing you and your colleagues again!
Lake Villa, Illinois
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We recently spent the weekend at this hotel for my husband's Army unit reunion. Everything was perfect and the staff was beyond accommodating. The woman working the night shift, Laura, was spectacular!!! She really went above and beyond to make sure that we were taken care of. We will definitely be back next year

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for this great review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and will be sure to pass the kind words along to Laura!
Brownsburg, Indiana
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I spent one night in this Hampton while passing through town. We arrived in the evening and were greeted quickly by the front desk. Check was quick and painless and we were in our room in no time after brief explanation of location of different places within the hotel and breakfast time in the morning.

We had the hospitality suite, which consisted of two rooms- a nice sized living room with sofa (sofabed), chairs and a dining table, and a kitchenette with microwave, fridge and sink. Bedroom was spacious with a desk, large closet and plenty of extra room. This would be a great sized room for a family. Bathroom entry was from the living room. Bathroom size was fine-we had a problem figuring out the lighting at first, but finally realized the timer/heater/light thing was on-problem solved.

Internet was fast-we had no problems connecting or using the service.

Hotel shows some age, but overall was clean and well taken care of. We didn't notice too much noise from above or below (we were on second floor) and the bedding provided was comfortable.

We visited the fitness center-the room is small and packed with equipment but there is enough room to navigate and enough pieces to choose from to get a workout in-treadmill/stepper/bike and weights.

Breakfast in the morning was okay-the usual hotel fare consisting of cheese omelet, summer sausage in some sort of sweet sauce, hard boiled eggs, biscuits, a variety of pastries, cereals, yogurt and fresh, cut up fruit. I am personally not a fan of hotel egg creations or the sausage but there were plenty of other things that were good. The attendant kept the supply stocked and the seating area clean. There appeared to be adequate seating available.

Overall, a good Hampton. Clean rooms; professional, friendly employees; great price. I'd stay here again if in the area and recommend it to others passing through.

Room Tip: Hospitality suites are a great size for families needing extra room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow, what a wonderful experience! Thank you so much for taking the time to share. We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us! Please let us know if we may be of assistance for future stays.

Take care
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had a great stay at this Hampton Inn, like most Hampton Inns that I've been at. After the friendly check-in with the person at the front desk, I got the top-floor room that I asked for. The room was nice and clean and well-stocked. It was pouring rain pretty much the whole time I was there so that soothing sound helped muffle any adjacent noises or door slamming; which, unfortunately, there was a bit of. The trend of hotel doors that SLAM shut is really getting on my nerves. It's not a hard fix to remedy that by adjusting the door closers so there isn't that LOUD, SLAMMING sound every time someone lets their door close behind them. Yes, it's 90% the fault of the thoughtless (not necessarily always thoughtless in a bad or purposeful way) guests that just either aren't thinking about anyone else, or not caring about anyone else. My guess is that it's a bit of both. But, I digress..

The breakfast was great with scrambled eggs and bacon and great oatmeal (not packets but Hampton Inns always have great real oatmeal), juices, good coffee (I still prefer a good dark roast and this one wasn't bold enough for me), a nice assortment of teas, all sorts of pastries and breads, fruit, etc. It's a $10 breakfast any day of the week and it comes with the room. Not a bad deal.

The wireless worked great, in fact, everything worked great. The tub wasn't slippery, there were great Hampton Inn soaps and shampoos, lotions, etc. A coffee maker, a GREAT bed; everything was good here. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful detailed review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and cannot thank you enough for sharing feedback.

Take care
Mackinac Island, MI
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I attended a wedding where all of the guests were from out of town and the majority stayed at the Hampton. The staff could not have been more accommodating and helpful. They even allowed a group of us to use the pool at 2:00 a.m. which they didn't have to do. Anyone who may have had a slight issue was attended to immediately with a smile. Some of the rooms are a little worn but still very clean and comfortable and they are in the process of renovation so it looks like soon the whole place will be fresh and new.

Room Tip: The suites were very nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn in Coconut Grove, FL and based on our favorable impression of it we gladly chose the Hampton Inn in Lansing for a one night stay for an event the following day. While it didn't have the upscale feel of Coconut Grove, it was still a very pleasant hotel. We arrived to find that there was some sort of massive event being accommodated, possibly a family reunion and I was instantly skeptical that we would get peace and quiet due to the hoards of children swarming through the lobby; however once we checked into our room there was no noise and we were not bothered in the slightest. The room appeared clean and updated and the bed was comfortable. It had everything we needed. I like a bit more space for a longer stay, but for an overnight it was just right. Just another reason to continue my Hampton loyalty. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was a welcome repast and I thought a person would be hard pressed not to find something they didn't like - nice variety; hot oatmeal, eggs, sausage, cold cereal, muffins, bagels, waffles etc. were all available. All in all a nice, hassle-free visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family