“After twenty years still a very nice place”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Jackson, Michigan
“After twenty years still a very nice place”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed here for my wedding night with my wife almost twenty years ago. Can't believe it had been that long since I was last in the Lansing area. I believe this hotel used to be a Best Western. One thing that has not changed is how nice the whole stay was. My wife and I were expecting total chaos with it being graduation weekend but we were pleasantly surprised. Julian made sure we had a room with a microwave which was perfect. And he turned us on to this great interweb site. Great place for my family to stay when we are a little away from home.

3 Thank Theo M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
North Salt Lake, Utah
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Our thirty years old grand son had the delightful honor of graduating from Michigan State with his doctorate in music the first weekend of May. With my husband I drove across the country to see it in person. We made many stops but the nicest stop of all was at this Hampton Inn. We stayed in a handicap room which was accomodating but the lack of a tub free room was difficult at times. Every day that we stayed I would talk to Julian for a bit and he is very bright. My husband and I were so pleased with everyone that we spoke with at this Hampton Inn. If I did not have more family to visit further East I would have been tempted to ask that we stay a few more nights just because this hotel is far more comfortable than our minivan. Though I doubt we will ever need to return to Michigan again with our last youngest grandson now graduated, should we decide to and are in the area we will be staying at this Hampton Inn.

1 Thank Kathy L
Mason, Michigan
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I have been working with Julian throughout his tenure at this hotel. He is a very bright young man who is highly respectful and always strives to happily greet and welcome each guest that comes into the building. His attitude always sets the mood of every stay I have at this Hampton Inn. Together Josh and him and the rest of the entire staff do an incredible job making sure that every need is met. The few nights that my wife came to visit me here she told me via phone how pleasant her stay was, and that is not just because she was visiting me. This is a truly humble home away from home and if you're anything like me, this is all that you're really need when you're looking for a hotel. Breakfast every morning, come back to a clean room and bed made and THEHEE smiling faces of Julian and the rest of his team at the counter.

Room Tip: If you are a military service member such as myself they offer a discounted rate to current and form...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank semperfi1957
Kimball, South Dakota
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Very nice stay.

The rush in the morning was a little more than my wife and I expected.

There were children running in the hall and I overheard Julian give them a
very stern "no running kids" and they listened. It was a pleasure. Next time
we leave South Dakota, we will stay wit you.

This hotel is very kind and definitely knows how to make a guest feel like
they'are at home.

Keep up the excellent work Hampton Inn

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. Thew new furniture is great. All rooms have a microwave oven and fridge.
1 Thank TheMarriedManNow
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband was given needle nose pliers because our HVAC unit was down. If we didn't speak to Julien Sunday morning I would be angry. He gave us a free night and smiled and really showed he cared. This is a nice hotel with the most friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2012
St louis, MO
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Lansing is my hometown and although I live 8 hours away, there are many reasons to return. I have stayed many places in town but I prefer this Hampton. Do not be afraid of the age of the building or that it doesn't have the Hampton "look". Hampton purchased an existing building (green option) and it is very well maintained. I find it interesting a few people would leave reviews before asking staff to correct any issues. I find the staff here very friendly and helpful. Management has put together a great team. Our room met all of our usual Hampton expectations. At check-in on Saturday afternoon (MSU graduation weekend) BOTH front desk staff checked us in! We arrived back late after several parties and the room accommodations were comfortable. In the morning, breakfast staff were both friendly and efficient. It seemed many came later to breakfast but they were not refused. This is a larger hotel with only one elevator so if you need the best, fastest, and newest of everything, definitely pay more for that. If you are looking for value and don't mind stopping to smell the roses, stay at this Hampton. You WILL be back.

• Stayed May 2012
Alger
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stay at the Hampton whenever we are in town. During our last 2 night stay (May 5th & May 6th) we had exceptional service from "Julian". We needed extra pillows and a blanket for our first night and Julian saw to it that they were delivered to our room right away. He is very personable, friendly,, and professional! Thanks again Julian!

Room Tip: We had 3 adults and 2 minors with us this trip. The 2room suite with a King sz bed, pull out couch...