“Great staff”

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Flint, Michigan
“Great staff”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This is one of the nicest places in Lansing. The service, amenities and rooms are nothing short of exceptional. The staff really does a great job acknowledging you where as at some of the other hotels it's impossible to get that level of service. Mr. Flowers service was above and beyond excellent in helping me with my accommodation and very friendly.The Hampton provided quality rooms with comfortable bedding, many nice amenities in the room, excellent housekeeping service. I would definitely stay here again if I was ever in the area again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mrjacj
Hotelmanagergr, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you for your business. We appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn Lansing for your overnight needs. Thank you for your comments on our team members. We are blessed to have a great team. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Lansing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed February 14, 2012

This was my first time staying at a Hampton and was overall very pleased with my stay here. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was unfamilar with the area and Matt at the front desk gladly helped me with directions and recommendations to places to have dinner that were nearby. I would definitely stay here again if I was ever in the area again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Taylor G
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and the kind words about our team members and especially Matt. We are proud of our team members as they work very hard to exceed our guests expectations. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Lansing
Tustin, Michigan
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I stayed here overnight to avoid a 3 hour morning drive to a class downtown. I was able to have a nice dinner nearby based on the recommendation of the front desk and also get a little shopping done at the nearby Kohls. It was an easy drive the next morning to my class downtown. The room and breakfast were typical Hampton Inn - comfy bed with lots of pillows, clean room, heat lamp in the bathroom, and great breakfast with lots of choices. I would stay here again if I need to be in Lansing for another class.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Hotelmanagergr, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Thank you for your business and choosing the Hampton Inn Lansing. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope your class went well downtown. We get many people who stay with us due to our proximity to downtown but also being by so many restaurants, movie theater, mall, and golfing. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to the Lansing area and again thank you for your business
Miami Lakes, Florida
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel was rated 2-star and I was very apprehensive as i normally dont stay in 2-star hotels. i was joining some family and friends going to a law school graduation at Michigan State. Well was i pleasantly surprises. It was a clean and as welcoming as any higher rated hotel. Plus the breakfast was free. It was a great value and makes me want to check out other Hampton Inns when i travel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank cfrankli
Hotelmanagergr, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thank you for your choosing our hotel for your overnight accommodation needs. . We really appreciate the opportunity to serve you and hope you had a great time at the MSU graduation. Thank you also for the kind words in regards to your stay. We are very excited that you had a good stay. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you if you travels ever bring you back to Lansing.
Duane Zuber
Hampton Inn Lansing
Lake, Michigan
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My first time at a Hampton Inn and was very pleasantly surprised. Very clean and comfortable even though there was some remodeling going on. My most pleasant experience, however, was the friendly and very pleasant staff at the desk. Angelo was a delight to talk to and had a great sense of humor. I was tired and cranky when I walked in and Angelo and the other employee on duty, whose name I did not get, had me laughing immediately. Very personable but also very professional. All in all, I felt at home right away. Also called a week later, when calling about a possible lost item and enjoyed another conversation with Angelo again! We will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: room # 136 was great!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Hotelmanagergr, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Lansing. We appreciate your business. Thank you for the kind words about Angelo. We appreciate him greatly and agree with him being very friendly and pleasant
We apologize for the renovations. We are almost completed with the exterior renovation and in February we are installing a brand new state of the art High Speed Internet System, replacing all of the furniture and fixtures, and adding several HI Def Channels like ESPN to be shown on our flat screen televisions in all of the rooms,

We look forward to seeing you the time your travels bring you to Lansing
Milton, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Decent hotel with very friendly staff, especially a nice young man named Jason, who checked me in. The thing I like best about Hampton Inn's are the beds. I've never been disapointed with the beds at any of them. I've also never been disapointed by the cleanliness. This hotel had a number of pizzas in a warming bag in the breakfast area, with a sign saying "complimentary pizza for overnight guests". How great is that? Breakfast was excellent with many fresh choices. You may pay at little more for a Hampton Inn, but you get great value with a full breakfast. I would recommend it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Waltz, Michigan, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Hotel is decent. Staff is friendly. Don't understand why they don't have wireless internet throughout the hotel. It is almost unheard of, and I wouldn't have stayed there had I realized before that they did not have wi-fi. It may not be important to everyone, but I was not there on vacation.

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you for your business. We apologize for not being able to meet your needs for WIFI. We are installing a new state of the art WIFI system the beginning of February 2012 to go with our already wired internet so guests will have the choice of both. We are installing Syco equipment and have ATT as our internet provider to ensure top level service for our guests for this very important service.
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope you will come back to try our new wireless service