“Family Stay”

Residence Inn Lansing West
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for a nearby family wedding. We had a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids 4 and under) and had a 1 bedroom suite room where the bedroom was separate from the family room. The room layout was ideal for napping children and allowed us to visit with family while kids were sleeping. Better than a normal hotel room setup where you are all in the same area and then have to go to bed early when kids do. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. They were able happy to accommodate an early check-in request when I called a couple hours early saying we would arrive around noon. The kids loved the pool and the breakfast was nice each morning. Would gladly stay at this property or any other Residence Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Skywalker05,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Lansing West. I'm so glad you enjoyed the convenience of our one bedroom suites. We hope that you will remember us the next time you are in the area.

Warm thanks,

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Lansing West

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We were in town for a friends' wedding and just loved our stay. Brian at the Front Desk is a true hospitality professional and welcomed us warmly to this conveniently located Residence Inn. The room is modern, well laid out and SUCH COMFORTABLE beds!!! Wow!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Andris A,
Thank you for your kind review of the Residence Inn Lansing West. We're so glad to hear that you loved your stay with us, especially our location and our staff. I will be sure to let Brian know that his hospitality was appreciated. We hope that you will return to us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

From the moment we checked in EVERYONE was super friendly. Clean spacious room. They have an outdoor common area with a grill and a propane fire pit. Housekeeping was amazing anything I needed was taken care of. Breakfast and dinners were great. Will definitely stay here again. Thank you everyone!

Room Tip: Stay on first floor if you have a dog like I did less walking up and down stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Tonya R,
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at the Residence Inn Lansing. I am thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to continuing to be your home away from home.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have stayed at this motel a number of times, they are always friendly and accommodating. They have always tried to make our stay comfortable and what we needed. Even when we have come in early, have never made us wait for a specific room. Highly recommend using this hotel. The manager is always friendly and will do what he can to make your stay pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Sheila C,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Residence Inn Lansing West and for continuing to stay with us. I am so glad to hear that my staff helps to make each stay exceptional. We appreciate you recommending us to others, and we look forward to many more stays.

Kind thanks,

Reviewed May 12, 2014

My stay here at this hotel was of exceptionally high quality. I stayed here for 4 weeks total on a business trip and have nothing but great things to say about this hotel and staff. I was in the King Suite for all 4 weeks and quite honestly I would rather live there. The room was very up to date including, all appliances, furniture, decor and amenities. I found the pots, pans, dishes, silverware and cups provided within the room very useful! When I came back to my room each night, there were clean fresh towels and sheets. I don't know about anyone else but clean sheets is a must when staying in hotels and I never once had an issue with this hotel regarding that. There were no bugs, or dirt within the room. The room was incredibly spacious and made me feel right at home. The business center allowed me to access all I needed to for my job and print off things I needed free of charge! I used the fitness center on a few occasions and feel it was very nice. Besides being a little bit small of a room, the machines and equipment were clean and there were sanitary wipes to keep things sanitized. The complimentary breakfast and dinners was also very beneficial. It was nice on the nights I didn't feel like ordering out or leaving the hotel to get a nice meal downstairs in the lobby. The hotel was located near many restaurants and shopping centers and near the freeway, which made it very easy to commute. The staff was exceptional!! I was greeted with a warm smile and "hello" each time I arrived and checked out. The staff suggested everything possible to make my stay there enjoyable. I had lost a water bottle in the business center one night and when I had asked if any of the staff had seen it or picked it up, they went over and above to meet my needs and offered to replace it! I don't think you see that kind of service anywhere now a days!! On the last day I was there, the staff had gotten food to do some grilling outside on the patio where guests could sit and enjoy hamburgers and hot dogs. This hotel is amazing. I signed up with their rewards program because quite frankly Marriott is the only hotel I want to stay in from now on. From the room, staff and amenities, I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: I know it may be a bit on the pricier side but the King bedroom suites on the 3rd floor are exceptio...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Kelsey K,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your extended stay at the Residence Inn Lansing West. We are so grateful to hear all of your kind words for our hotel and staff, and are thrilled that we were able to make this your home away from home. We truly enjoyed having you with us and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Sincere thanks,

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were having a pretty nice stay. The pool was nothing special, but the kids liked it. (They said the hot tub wasn't really "hot", only warm, and the "bubbles" didn't turn on.)

We had had some issues with our air conditioning system turning on. It was as if it was tripping a circuit breaker...even made our laptop go out. Eventually we got the air to come on and keep the room cooler.

When 6:30 a..m. came around, that's when the steady banging started, caused when someone on the floor above us started using the shower. Woke us right up and it kept up, about 2 taps a second, until the guest upstairs was clean.

The walls are also "thin"; we could hear the man next door talking very plainly, even though he was obviously not purposely being loud. This was later in the morning, about 7:15.

We reported both incidents (thermostat and banging) to morning front desk management, so hopefully they have looked into the problem so other families aren't disturbed.

Prior to that, we were impressed with the friendliness of the staff.

Room Tip: Top floor corner room may help you avoid the noise issues we faced.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear KOps210,
Thank you for reviewing the Residence Inn Lansing West. I'm glad to hear that you were impressed by the friendliness of our staff. It is our goal to impress all of our guests and it's always good to know we are succeeding. Please accept my apologies for the issues you described. I have already addressed these with my maintenance team. Please allow us another opportunity to host you on your next trip to Lansing.

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Staff was very friendly . Check in and check out were very fast. Rooms were spacious and clean. Breakfast was great with many options. I would defiantly recon need this hotel to anyone staying in the lansing area. Hotel is located next to many restaurants and about a mile from lansing mall.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple