“Great beds, good night's sleep” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Crowne Plaza Lansing West
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
NW Indiana
“Great beds, good night's sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

My company put me up here before a meeting. The location is super easy to get to, ample parking though it seemed a little dark in the parking area I ended up in. Stayed on the second floor, never waited long for an elevator. I had a super clean double room, including a nicely appointed bathroom with seperate vanity area. Refrigerator in the room is nice but does not good if it isn't turned on (a big annoyance of mine - why even have them if they aren't going to be turned on!) The bed was very very comfortable, too comfortable in fact as I fell asleep while trying to work while sitting on the bed with my laptop. Water pressure in the shower was good, never an issue with temp of water. Nice bar and restaurant. My salad was very very good. We used one of the meeting rooms and it was also set up well. Our service in the meeting was very good - not intrusive but no one went without. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and ready to serve!

I would definitely stay here again if I am in the Lansing area. Four stars instead of five only because of the dark parking area and the refrigerator not being on. Maybe that's unfair, but I am just not ready to give it five stars based on this visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Traverse City, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

When I Googled upscale hotels in the Lansing area this popped up. We had tickets to a play at the Wharton Center and wanted to have a weekend getaway. It certainly was not worth the money spent on upgrading to the 5th "Signature" floor. Up arriving we were not told what to expect as far as upgrades and I was disappointed not to find any information in the room. You would think if they were offering upgraded amenities they would let you know about them. Upon finding the 'great room' on the 5th floor, all that was available was a carafe of room temperature water and a few glasses. We left to find a happy hour in a nearby bar even though we were told online there would be snacks and 'prices' on beer and wine. But again, there was no info in the room.
In the evening, we took showers and went out for the evening. I noticed the drain was making strange noises. When we got up the next morning the drain was clogged and water was still standing in the bathtub.
One of the things we were looking forward to was the cookies and milk and turn down service in the evening. Yep, you guessed it. No turn down, no cookies and milk.
By this time we were resigned to just getting up and leaving in the morning. When we got to the 'great room' for our complimentary breakfast in the morning it was taken down. On a Sunday morning at 9:30! Needless to say we packed up and checked out and found a nice breakfast elsewhere. (without having had a shower because the tub was clogged)
Definitely not worth the price and it was disappointing that our opportunity for a special midwinter weekend getaway was spent at an average hotel.
All in all, it was a nice hotel but certainly not the upscale hotel it billed itself as online.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maggie K
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stay here often for work, and although I hate being stuck in Lansing with no car.. The hotel makes up for it! The rooms are very spacious and comfortable, the gym is nice and clean, the happy hour is reasonable and I love the cookies and milk delivered to my room every night! I always take advantage of the free hotel shuttle which is a perk to get me to and from the mall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed overnight after our wedding reception which was also at the hotel. The rates were reasonable, the room/bathroom were super nice and the brunch at the restaurant downstairs was delicious. Our family and friends also had great stays at this hotel. Everyone loved the tv's in the lobby, the gym and the pool! Perfect venue for families as well as couples.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sfarm
chicago, il
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This places has all the amenities ... small pool and hot tub, nice reasonably priced breakfast, decent dinner menu and full service bar open till 12. Plus the rooms are in great shape, comfy beds, and quiet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank brimyn
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

My cousin got married and had the recpetion at the hotel. The Lexington Lansing is a beautiful hotel with an exceptional staff that took care of everything. While the exterior of the hotel does beckon back to the late 60's/early 70's, the interior cound not be more tasteful. I really liked the light fixtures and the two giant paintings in the hotel's lobby. The two glass-backed elevators give you a nice view of the two paintings as well as the centerpiece fixture. The room I shared with my Dad and sister had two comfortable queen-sized beds. The television was a first for a hotel I've stayed in: high definition, although it is one of the older HD TVs. The room featured a hidden minifridge, which I found out right before checkout. The pool is rather small, but also features a hot tub and 24-hour access. There is also a partial basketball court. The banquet room holds a large group of people. The lobby also features a well-stocked bar with a handfull of beers on tap. It is one of the more swankier hotels I've stayed at. While it's out of my own personal price range, it's well worth staying while visiting Michigan's state capital or attending a Michigan State Spartans football game.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bigredspx
Romeo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel was originally recommended to us by some friends who live in Lansing, as we were going to visit them. Since that time, my 9 year old son has asked several times if we can go back to that hotel. It has a beautiful atrium lobby with a glass elevator, an in door glassed in basketball court (was a big hit) a nice size pool. We have now stayed at Lexington 4 times and it still remains to be one of my sons favorite places to go. There are many resteraunts and stores, including laser tag, and glow putt putt golf with an arcade very close to the hotel. The hotel and rooms have always been very clean and comfortable and an added perk is the delivery of cookies and milk to your door every night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family