“Couldn't have asked for better!”

Crowne Plaza Lansing West
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We need to visit Michigan to see my Rare Disease Specialist in Detroit often now. We drove from Appleton, WI to Detroit and stayed in Auburn Hills our first trip.
I will not mention the Hotel name,after checking in (exhausted) our first room was beyond disgusting and the 2nd room they moved us to was poor/fair (side-note: I am on immune suppressants and need cleanliness as a priority-which we tried to explain to the night attendant). We ended up cleaning the room ourselves! They would not refund or reduce our price or even give us the next night free. At that point we were sooo tired that we did not want to try to find another place. We made due. The owner called weeks later after he saw my review and sent us $25. Really? After that experience, we sought out a cleaner, fun?, respectful, attentive and more comfortable stay while in MI. We rode the S.S. Badger to Ludington (much better than driving all the way around the lake!) and because the Men in our family were to see the NASCAR Sprint Race ( Perfect Father's Day Present!) , we decided to find a hotel near the MISpeedway, but yet keep to average price range.
After all of the fresh air from the ferry and a 2 1/2 hour trip in, we were exhausted. We were leery with it being in the outskirts of the city and when we drove in, there were 3 police cars in the entrance drive. Oh Boy! But to our delight the guests we met were very polite. My husband checked us in and then came back out to the car and said that there was a wedding, a frat and a graduation party going on, but that the noise level will stop by midnight (hotel rules!) and if our room was too noisy, they could move us right away. Awesome service right off the bat! :) Our room was very clean, nicely decorated AND quiet. Whew! we could breathe!
After getting the kids settled, we walked around to see the amenities and were very impressed. The binder, with information, was the best I have seen in all of my travels.The staff greeted us warmly, asked if they could help us and were genuinely interested in why we were visiting them. They offered some choices for activities for us ladies while the guys were away for the next day. The beds were very comfortable, decor was beautiful and had many nice perks available!
Upon waking (men were gone to the races), we dressed and went to enjoy the breakfast. The ATM was a bit tricky to get cash from. There was not a continental breakfast, but the prices for our buffet was very reasonable. Servers were attentive. We decided to just stay put and rest for the remaining part of the day and it was lovely! We had time to choose a restaurant outside the one located in the hotel if that's what we were to choose. When we asked for extra towels, the front desk made sure we had received them and then they were brought in short order. I was bummed that only weekday visitors get cookies and milk before bed. And I wish I had set up a spa trmt when booking. All together, we are very happy with our choice and if we are in this area again, we WILL stay here!

Room Tip: Our room was close to the elevator (for disability purposes) and we did not hear any noise!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BarbWIUSA

Reviewed May 1, 2012

My husband and I placed a bid on Lexington Lansing at an auction, and won--so we decided it could be a little "babymoon" getaway (I'm 8 months pregnant). Little did we know we would be spoiled for those two days with pool time, air hockey games, basketball (for my husband), amazing beds, luxury toiletries, and my personal favorite--cookies and milk delivered nightly! I have to say, the apple and oat cookie just about sent me into delivery it was so good! ...and warm!

Also, on behalf of Heart Cry International and World Changers of Central Michigan University, I can't thank Lexington enough for their generosity! Heart Cry has been around for quite some time, but this past year was the first time a student organization from CMU formed to partner with the organization to make a difference. As the faculty advisor of the student group, I can't express how wonderful it is to see this hotel not only provide for those in need but also empower the students who want to make a difference. Lexington's abundant blessing of toiletries and linens is going to make an incredible impact oversees (with children in Haiti and Uganda) as well as right in Lansing with the refugees who are in dire need.

I highly recommend a stay at the hotel :)

Room Tip: We requested a refrigerator and microwave for our room since we didn't plan to eat out, and the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ander3js
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Lexington in May 2011 for a Lacrosse Tournament that was in town. The hotel was more than accommodating, especially considering the number of young boys staying at the hotel. We will be going back this May for more great hospitality. The rooms were clean and the banquet facilities were great in providing our whole team a place to have a team dinner.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank EddieSander
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I just realized the conference I'm attending at the Lexington emailed me two start times. I couldn't get a hold of anyone at the school who is sponsering the conference, so I called the Lexington Hotel. I actually thought, "No way, am I going to get anyone who knows anything about the conference to tell me what time it starts at 9:42pm." "I'm going to talk to someone who doesn't care, working the night shift."

I called the hotel direct and spoke to Joshua/Josh - let me add, a real person answered the phone, no hotel operator, no transferring me to anyone else. He had all the information IN FRONT OF HIM!!

He actually gave me more detailed information than I received from the school providing the conference, such as early registration, exhibits, refreshment time and when the actual session begins!

Wow - is all I can say!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank pilotwife517
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My job has frequent overnight stays; when in Lansing, this is the only place to stay and I've stayed here many times.
First, the rooms: Spacious, quiet, comfortable, CLEAN!, tastefully decorated and fresh. I normally have trouble sleeping in hotels, but the beds here are wonderful, and you get your choice of pillows, soft, medium or firm.
The food at Christie's Bistro is always very well done; the breakfast buffet is hot, quality foods and tastes great; the lunches are also made with fresh ingredients and taste great.
The meeting rooms are always set up exactly as requested; they're maintained throughout the day and if anything is needed, it's done so right away. The common areas are clean, uncluttered and updated.
The last, and most important factor, is the staff. I have yet to meet one person who isn't friendly, cooperative, helpful, considerate; everyone seems very happy to be there and they'll tell you that they like working here. It speaks volumes for the Executive Staff and the Supervisors.
If you want to stay someplace that feels as close to home as you can get, then you must stay here.

Room Tip: The fifth floor is worth it!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank JRHLansing_MI
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I meet with my CEO advisers each month at this hotel. We are inspired to better in our own companies when we see how well run this hotel is operated. Always immaculately clean, awesome staff that will do anything requested with a great attitude, beautiful conference rooms, comfortable chairs and plenty of refreshments to make the meetings enjoyable and productive.
With much appreciation for your gracious hospitality,
Ron Brown - President
Ameri Pro Restoration LLC

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ron B
Reviewed February 22, 2012

The hotel has recently been updated. The room was very clean with a very comfortable bed. There is a work out room, indoor pool, restaurant and bar area which also serves food. The hotel also provides a shuttle to transport you back and forth from the airport. I was there on business and it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business