“Very great Romantic get away.”

Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Spent weekend here for our Anniversary. Check in was simple. Valet parking was packed. We ended parking on side street. Being the weekend we didn't have to worry about meters. On last night we parked in Valet ($11 a day) at around 11pm.
We got a King Suite with hot tub. 7th floor. Very beautiful. Books in shelves where funny, gave a slight musky smell to rooms. The living area and bar was so nice. The bed room with king sleep number was excellent. Huge bathroom with whirlpool tub. Toilet was in separate room. WiFi decent. Pool was not heated. Nice. hot tub was nice as well in pool area. Did not utilize the sauna. They played classical music on speakers was cool. not very deep. 5ft. On check out we went to pay Valet and because we parked it so late at night they didn't charge us. Clerk just told me not to worry about it. Kinda cool free parking. Never got charged for it.
Overall was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 14, 2010

I had never stayed at the Radisson, so imagine my surprise when we book this room through Priceline and are assigned there; perhaps this is why our room was so horrible. The stay was for a brief romantic getaway, that was anything but. We were given a room on the 6th floor (beware if assigned there) and the room was terrible. The only thing that had been updated since the early 90s were the sleep number beds and the linens. The television was so old that a DVD player could not be hooked up. The housekeeping walked into our room at 9:00 am after yelling through the door that we did not want service, as check out was not until noon. The rude lady did not even apologize and acted as if we had inconvenieced her! We tried to make the most of it with breakfast in bed. The rest of the staff was nice, but why the Radisson would give these rooms, even to Priceline customers, is beyond me. We seriously could have been staying at a Super 8.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2010

As always, the folks at the Radisson took good care of us. I was in town with a group of friends and the location was perfect. We enjoyed the restaurant and lounge, had a good night out and then slept well in the Sleep Number beds. Radisson exceeded my expectations once again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Front desk and other staff were awesome. Had an issue with housekeeping not changing/makeing up the extra bed that was placed in room. Front desk fixed problem immediately and offered a free meal while it as being done. Overall a wonderful stay.

1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Sleep Number Bed is great! Didn't wake up with my back hurting. Rooms were really clean. The only thing is the movie rentals for each room were a lot of money. Fourteen dollars a movie is a little much. But other than that the stay was great!

1  Thank Bummy79
Reviewed March 31, 2010

From the time I entered the lobby until my departure, I have never been so impressed with a hotel such as this one. The service was exceptional, down to the desk clerk pushing my floor on the elevator when arriving. I have stayed in many hotels, and this is by far one of the best visits I've had! I would definately recommend this hotel to everyone. This was my first time to Lansing and wasn't sure where I should stay. I was 1 block from the Capital and only 2 blocks from the Treasury building (where I needed to go). The restaurant and bar on site were great. Even the valet service was exceptional. Rooms were roomy, and bed was very comfortable. Wireless internet was great. I can't say enough that this hotel made my stay in Lansing most enjoyable.

Reviewed March 30, 2010

This was the first time the hotel was actually nicer than the photos. The room service was OK. Just good. The breakfast food was outstanding. Worth every penny but we ate most of out meals in the room. It was like a mini home. Room service was fast and hot (doent happen a lot in hotels) The sleep number bed ..overrated. I much rather have a normal bed. It felt weird but I got used to it by the second night. I stayed in a 3 room suite. Free upgrade. Super nice.

Our Daily housekeeper was extremely helpful. I clean our room myself but by the second night (of 5) she came to my room after breakfast with her cart and was extremely helpful in replenishing what we needed.

I loved the whirlpool. I never wanted to leave, I spent most of the week there. Ihave been to several other Lnagsing hotels that I failed to review but this one was very nice. Staff was great, attentive. This will be the only hotel I stay in the city from now on.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
East Lansing Marriott at University Place
Courtyard Lansing
Courtyard Lansing
#9 of 26 in Lansing

Been to Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol? Share your experiences!