“Beautiful hotel but the highlight was the great staff.”

Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
South Dakota
“Beautiful hotel but the highlight was the great staff.”
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Beautiful downtown hotel in good location; close to Capitol and convention center where I had a conference. I had a lovely view of the river and the twinkly lights of the city.

The star of the hotel is the service - whether it was the cheerful front desk staff (helped me locate a "missing" fax) or the helpful guys valet-parking the car (once I left my cell phone in the car, and one of the guys went way up into the parking garage and retrieved it for me!)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Michigan
Reviewed February 19, 2010

This hotel is centrally located in Lansing. It is very clean and the staff are very helpful and wonderful. The restaurant is very good. We used the excersize equipment, pool, and hot tub. Everything was great. We had no complaints.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg
Reviewed February 19, 2010

My recent stay was one of the most pleasant experiences I have had with a hotel. Everyone was extremely polite and very quick to accommodate any requests I had. I even had a chance to meet the general manager who's work ethic and team leadership is second to none. The hotel was experiencing a back log in valet parking due to a stalled car (guest fault, not the hotels), and low and behold, there was the GM assisting the parking staff meeting and greeting people so they didn't fall behind. This type of leadership now a days is hard to come by and I commend the hotel not only for this, but for the overall professionalism

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Swartz Creek
Reviewed February 18, 2010

The Radisson-Downtown Lansing has been choosen as our conference center for the past 20 years. It is a prime location providing easy access to the heart of the City. With the Radisson's recent updates to rooms and public spaces they continue to prove they are ahead of the curve to accommodate travelers. Conferences are measured by dedicated hotel staff and the ability to provide a great experience, all of which the Radisson has accomplished. The Great Lakes Ice Cream and Fast Food Association is excited to continue holding their conferences here at the Radisson-Downtown.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Greenwood, Michigan
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I stayed by myself at the Lansing Radisson for a School Board conference at the Lansing Center. The hotel is directly connected to the Center by a enclosed walkway. This made me feel safe as I walked back and forth during the conference.

I would have preferred to park myself, but arrived in the evening. The parking available is in the same parking deck at the valet, and it actually costs more to self park. That was another reason why I chose to valet. I found the valet very slow on checking in and checking out. The valet people were very friendly and professional.

My check in was quick and smooth, and I was in a room that was very comfortable. There was sleep number bed in my room, which was a neat novelty as I have never slept on one before.

The staff were all very friendly and professional at this hotel, and I didn't have any complaints. My room was made up in a timely manner every day. There were plenty of towels, soap, shampoo, and lotion. There is a hair dryer and ironing board w/iron as well.

I would definitely stay here again. I don't always feel comfortable traveling alone, but felt at ease staying at the Lansing Radisson.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Traverse City
Reviewed January 12, 2010

I was traveling alone, which I do not generally like, but the hotel staff went above and beyond, making everything very easy for me. The rooms are well-appointed and comfortable. I almost hated to leave!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2010

Our booking was for a girls dance convention, and to accommodate the non-smoking reservations management declared a smoking floor non-smoking. The supposed non-smoking rooms came with three complimentary ashtrays (glass, too!), a blue haze, and stale smoke smell. The staff informed us, "management doesn't care'.

This hotel hasn't been redecorated in decades. Crooked, scratched lamps throw sickly yellow light on 20 year old blah striped wallpaper. Sharp wire spring matteresses provide aches during sleep, while the tiny business office and gym allow the hotel to claim these amenities on booking web sites. Sound like a real winner? It isn't. While I am a low maintenance traveller, the Lansing Radisson is a downer. Pleasant suprises are not here, even at $120 per night in the mid-west.

• Stayed January 2010
WHICORP, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol, responded to this review, January 12, 2010
Dear Guest,

I wanted to take a moment to personally apologize for the issues you experienced recently at our hotel. While I will be attempting to contact you to discuss the matter privately, I would like to address a couple of your concerns immediately.

We are currently in the process of converting our smoking floor to non-smoking. With Michigan signing smoke free legislation effective May 2010, it is our desire to convert these rooms as soon as possible. As you can imagine, the clean-up process is extensive. I sincerely apologize that we were not able to move you to another room especially considering the fact that you were traveling with children. It was certainly not our intent to deceive you during your stay.

The Radisson Hotel Lansing is currently undergoing a long term guest room renovation project. Our website can provide you with a sample of the areas already completed, which includes over 1/3 of our guest rooms. In 2009 we completed upgrades to our business center as well as our fitness center, installing state of the art equipment and free weights.

I am sincerely concerned about your recent experience at our hotel and look forward to an opportunity to make things right. Our goal is always 100% satisfaction.

Kindest Regards,