“My stay at the Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol”

Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed May 20, 2014

During a large conference at the Lansing Civic Center, I had a chance to stay at the Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol. I arrived late and tired but the desk service was swift, my bag was taken care of, and the car was valet parked with no problems. Although my overnight stay was just for the one night, I enjoyed the room and the view overlooking the Capitol. It was fun to try a Sleep Number bed for the first time. And the linens and pillows were great. The next day for the conference, I could just leave everything as it was at the hotel, walk across the river using the skywalk, and then return at the end of the day. I claimed my bag and car and was off.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,048)

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in April while a family member was at a hospital near by. EVERYONE was extremely kind and helpful. The hotel was very clean and my room was perfect! I highly recommend this Radisson.... I would stay here again and again and again!
J. Lustgarten

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Great location! We ended up with a jacuzzi suite and loved the layout. The kids were able to sleep on the pull out couch but when I went to put sheets on it some old, stained sheets were already there! The ice cube tray in the fridge/freezer had black goop in it, the room smelled like cayenne pepper, and there were more hairs in the jacuzzi tub than I could have counted. Check in was a breeze but the pool was kept at a colder temperature.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeri C
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My boyfriend and I were in town for the 1st Annual Microbrew & Music festival. This was our first time visiting Lansing, Michigan and we chose to stay at the Radisson because the festival was within walking distance. We stayed two nights.
I will say that I'm probably one of the most critical people you will ever meet. My expectations are extremely high. That said, I cannot say enough positive things about this hotel.
First, the valet service. Super friendly and helpful! Always greeting you with a smile.
The hotel and City Capitol grill staff also super friendly, smiling and willing to give HONEST restaurant suggestions. I have to admit that I was really impressed by everyone's positive attitudes.
The room was of average size - equipped with a desk, chair, dresser, loveseat and king size bed. TV was of average size. Room was of modern decor. Bathroom was larger size and clean. The only downfall in our room was that we just couldn't keep it cool enough. During the night, it would get very warm - but nothing we couldn't deal with.

Thank you for a wonderful experience Radisson staff! I'll definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Just wanted to give a shout out to the staff and the great facilities at the Radisson Hotel in Lansing Michigan. This was my first trip to Lansing and my stay there at the Radisson was a big reason that the trip was enjoyable. The staff was extremely attentive, polite, and knowledgeable. Everything was just right and run very efficiently. I would absolutely recommend the Radisson to anyone who is traveling to Lansing, Great experience!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had an event at the Lansing Center and this was the most closest/convenient place to stay. AND... that ’s what you were paying for, convenience. The rooms were nice and clean but average. Remodeling had been done but it was obvious that the replacement fixtures were cheap. If you don’t need the convenience, I would save your money and rent a room for half the price somewhere else around town. In addition, it was a very busy weekend with a dance event coinciding with our conference. The rooms are not very effective in blocking out noise and there was a lot of thumping and bumping from rooms above and to the each side... I have stayed in much better and for less $$$!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The Hotel was fabulous , the staff made my wife and I fill great, we were celebrating a wedding anniversary. Had a great breakfast the next morning at the hotel restaurant, the staff there went up and beyond with helping us out. Will definitely be coming back for a stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
GMRadissonLansing, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am so thankful that you enjoyed your anniversary so much while with us. I hope that you visit us again soon.

Regards,