“Consistent High Quality Service”

Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
St. Louis, Missouri
“Consistent High Quality Service”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I travel to Lansing for business with the State of MI on a regular basis and always stay at this hotel due to it's convenient location for State building sites. However, over the past few years I have noticed an increased level of quality for not only the service but also the food and beverages. The hotel has recently undergone renovations that make the experience even better. It is always extremely clean and the rooms are spacious and quite comfortable. My colleague is addicted to their potato skins that have barbecued pork on them. They are always a great hit with our crew. Josh and Matt have always given us great TLC and we look forward to future stays!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GMRadissonLansing, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear USMidwestTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoy our recent renovations and the exceptional service. I will ensure that I acknowledge Josh and Matt appropriately on your behalf.

Please let me know if I can ever make your stays more enjoyable when you visit.

Bryan Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Reviewed March 9, 2014

It was an almost empty hotel, which was weird for us, but the desk manager found out it was our anniversary, he upgraded our room to a jacuzzi suite at no charge, grabbed silverware for us at 3am and the entire staff was great and friendly. We'd defnately go here again next time We're in the area. Oh yes, and sleep number bed made this the only time I've ever slept through the night in a strange hotel bed

Room Tip: Any room is likely to be great. Even numbered rooms have a great view of the city
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I travel every week. Unfortunate things happen at hotels, but the way the hotel responds is the best indicator of how the stay turns out. In this the Lansing Radisson gets top marks. The hotel itself is in good condition and is pretty standard in terms of room size and amenities. It's very clean and pretty quiet sound wise. Meeting rooms are pretty standard hotel fare but the property is bright and welcoming. My room did not have a refrigerator or a microwave as many mid priced hotels have. Check in was easy and the desk personnel were extremely friendly and cheerful. After getting into my room, the mirrored closet doors fell off their track and came crashing towards me. Fortunately I caught them before they smashed on me or the wall. Within minutes of my call a very nice engineer came to help. Instead of inconveniencing me, he just took the doors out and had the situation fixed the next day while I was out. That was the right solution and I didn't even have to suggest it. The next night they were back in place and fully functional. And he brought me a refrigerator for my meds as a bonus for my trouble. The next morning there was a mixup on my room service order and I received someone else's. The waiter was back in less than 15 minutes with the correct order freshly made. Good job Jeremy! The restaurant staff was very helpful and friendly. They assisted me with my need to do carry out fast for lunch each day and made sure to include napkins and utensils which most places forget about. My meeting room was not opened on time one morning and I only had to go to the lobby to find someone with the keys to the kingdom. Other reviewers talk about the parking charges which are silly high for a city like Lansing. But the battery in my rental car was dead by the time I needed to leave and the valet immediately went to the garage and jumped the car. It took 10 minutes tops. Like I said, stuff happens. But this team should be commended for great attitudes and thoughtful solutions that serve the guest without question. I wish you were a Hilton property so I could make you a regular stop when I'm in Lansing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Holt
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We always recommend this hotel to people. Location is downtown Lansing. Capitol Grille is on site as well as walking distance to other restaurants. They are connected by walkway to the Lansing Convention Center making it perfect for events. One block from Lansing Lugnuts as well. Kimberley DeBrabander is sales does an excellent job if you have an event to plan. Rooms are clean, updated and beds are very comfortable. Pool is very small is only negative.

Room Tip: Many rooms have great views of downtown and some of the Capitol.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Facility is nice and the location is good. Pulled up and the Valet guy basically told me that was my best (only) parking option and it would cost me more to park on my own in the garage next door. Our group's parking was comped, but I wonder how much more it could cost than the $16-$18 per night the hotel charged. Did not like having to have someone get my car each time when needed to leave or if I wanted something out of it. Elevators were not working when we came back Sat afternoon. Luckily we were on the 3rd floor. HBO and ESPN did not work the entire weekend. Ignored it Friday night. They sent someone up when I called Sat afternoon so I could watch a game. They sent someone to the room to check it out. He left and called back to tell me it was a problem with the entire hotel and that they could not get someone out to fix it until Monday. So I go down to the bar Sat afternoon to watch a game. There was just 2 other people in there with the bartender nowhere in sight. Waited about 10 minutes for her to show and bring me a beer. Finished that and waited about 10 minutes for her to come back and maybe another 10 to finally yell out to my table to ask if I needed another. Other than her the service was what you would expect from a Radisson.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JeffIndiana33
Coldwater, Michigan
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The room was clean and quiet, the lounge had great food and good service, even when they were busy. Great experience and it is connected to the Lansing Center, which was awesome for this trade show vendor!

Room Tip: Request a refrigerator for an additional minimal cost...so worth it!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GMRadissonLansing, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Debra,

Thank you for the kind comments about your recent stay. I am really excited that you enjoyed the accommodations and the Capitol City Grille. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you again and we look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Lansing.

Best Regards,
Bryan Johnson
Concord, Michigan
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stay frequently at the Radisson in Lansing, and find the staff professional and helpful. They have been trained to say, "My pleasure," but they say it like they mean it! The bend over backwards to make their guests comfortable. I also enjoy the restaurant very much.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business