“Hotel by the capital”

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Hotel by the capital”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was at the Radisson Hotel by the capital in Lansing,Michigan. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. It was nice having a covered walkway to the conference center. My room was a nice size with a king size bed and a sofa. The breakfast and lunch that was offered in the hotel were attractive and very tasty. The bed took a little time to get used to. It was difficult to find what number softness worked for me. The room was quiet. I was on the 6th floor and could see some of the holiday decorations that were by the capital.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel accommodations are like any other hotel. Rooms are medium size and they are not super renovated either.

Nevertheless the staff is great. They are very accommodating and friendly.
When I had problems with the internet, they helped me right in the spot. Also the security/bell staff provided helpful assistance.

The hotel is located approximately 2 blocks away from two major streets were more than 30 restaurants are next to each other.

I'll come back for sure!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed November 11, 2013

4 night stay in Lansing for a conference. Proximity of hotel to the conference center was a short walk, and they also provide a covered walkway if you prefer. Staff from all departments were welcoming, friendly, and helpful from the moment I arrived and was greeted at the front desk, until I departed using valet services.

The cleanliness of my room was excellent. Housekeeping did a fantastic job from the first day to the last. Kudos! I stayed on the 11th floor in an adjoining room with a sleep number bed. My room was very quiet and the bed seemed to work correctly. I agree with other reviewers who wish to see more accessibility to electrical outlets, other than that I have zero issues.

Front desk staff were always friendly and helpful in answering questions. On the last day of the conference, I was able to keep my luggage with valet services until late in the afternoon, well beyond checkout time. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Lansing.

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stay at this hotel frequently for business and am consistently happy with the experience. The hotel staff are very friendly and eager to please. Rooms are always well maintained. The restaurant and bar staff are excellent, as are the housekeeping staff and the valet staff. It's very comfortable to return to a hotel that is so consistently welcoming.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great clean rooms, all 3 rooms we had were difficult to get warm not sure the thermostats work very well in rooms? Prices for amenities seem fair. Room service for coffee, danish and juice $10.00 plus gratuity very fair prices. Hallways and lobby could use a little updating. Have the sleep number beds just don't mix up which control goes to which bed.

1 Thank Greg D
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was at this hotel while on a business trip. Nicely appointed, very clean and outstanding customer service... the room service attendant was extremely helpful and very friendly. I had ordered a couple of cocktails with no ice, but he brought a supply of ice on the side, just in case I wanted it for later... nice touch. Also, I had forgotten my cuff links... a front desk clerk came to my aid with safety pins procured from a couple of sewing kits, came out from behind the front desk and assisted with my cuffs to get me off to my meeting in time.The hotel was within an easy walking distance from the convention center and just a few blocks from the center of a lovely downtown district with plenty of shops and restaurants. .

Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I had lost a bag with my company issued iPad. I immediately contacted the front desk. Everyone was extremely helpful. Josh the manager was prompt, polite and helped me retrace my steps. Rashawn, Tom T., and Jason from valet had found my bag and returned it as soon as they knew who to return it to. Jie and Kristen at the front desk also helped by searching. All involved were professional and courteous. Thank you all!!