“Dirty rooms”

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Michigan
“Dirty rooms”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Was surprised at the state of the hotel. The common areas were well kept, however the rooms leave a lot to be desired. Very dirty. Hair all over the bedding (including the sheets) upon check in. Were they even changed? Lots of dirt (etc) in the corners of the room, particularly noticeable in the bathrooms. Yuck.
I was most disappointed in the beds. Having never used a sleep number bed I was interested to try it out. BIG disappointment. Did not sleep well at all. The beds are obviously in need of replacement. The air bladder for the sleep number would not hold its air = not supportive. Disappointment since I was there to sleep!
Was a bit taken aback by the cost. Very expensive hotel then add in a hefty parking fee. Self park or valet, both expensive. Staff I encountered were pleasant. Management needs to up the standards for housekeeping and then hold them accountable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GMRadissonLansing, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I am truly sorry that you did not completely enjoy your recent stay at the hotel. I have been unsuccessful at tracking down your reservation based off your above username as I would have preferred to call you personally to apologize.

The cleanliness issues that you expressed are completely unacceptable, and I will address it with the housekeeping managers accordingly. I can also understand your frustrations with the sleep number beds. We do have rooms that have standard beds that may be more comfortable for you on your next visit. Please just let us know at the time of your reservation.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if I can assist any further or on a future stay.

Bryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a $70 a night hotel with a $160 price. My room was full of Asian lady beetles... I mean full. The staff came quickly and removed them but I just couldn't get over how not nice the hotel was for the price. Stick with the Hilton's and holiday inns, radissons aren't worth the price anymore, especially when the breakfast is $15+ the next morning.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
GMRadissonLansing, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Chad,

I apologize for the interruption that you experienced due to the lady bugs in your room, and that we had to come and remove them. Our maintenance staff identified that they must have entered through the HVAC unit from the outside. They are working diligently to rectify this issue from occurring in the future, and I am sorry that this occurred.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can assist any further.

Gaylord, Michigan
Reviewed October 10, 2013

First the good news. Attended a conference held at the hotel. Check in was excellent, the overnight accommodations were good. The front desk was attentive. The conference rooms and meals by the hotel were nice. I have stayed at this hotel several times a year for many years and thought the front desk was at it's best.
The bad news. My vehicle and keys were missing from the valet parking after the conference. It was reported stolen and has yet to be located. How this occurred has not been determined at this time. Following the discovery of the missing vehicle the General Manager handled the incident as well as could have been handled. He arrange for my transport to where I needed to be 3 hours away. That was helpful and will influence my decision to stay at this facility in the future.He was helpful in the follow up information that is needed when a vehicle is stolen. However it is still a major concern for a valet service to lose a vehicle from their care. Especially true when one is many hours from home. I trust this is anomaly and will not be repeated.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GMRadissonLansing, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Don,

Thank you for the appreciation and kind comments after your unfortunate incident. We have since re-established our operating procedures for the valet department to assure that nothing like this can happen again.

Please let me know if you are ever back in the area or if I can assist in anyway.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I expected much more form this hotel. My room was very dirty. The bedspread was visibly soiled, there were hairs in the tub and the coffee maker had grounds in it from a previous person. I have to stay at this location two more times in the near future for work and I am NOT looking forward to it. On the plus side the front desk staff were all friendly and welcoming, and valet was quick.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the third floor because your window is level with a roof and it creeped me out all...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am so sorry that you did not completely enjoy your most recent stay with us and for the housekeeping issues that you experienced. I see that you noted that you are returning in the near future, and I would appreciate the opportunity to make these shortfalls right for you.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss your upcoming stays further.

Bryan Johnson
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Spent an overnight with my niece. The valet took a few minutes to show up, and a $16 charge is assessed to your room each night for parking. The front desk staff was attentive, courteous and friendly. The room was very clean and featured sleep-number beds, although mine might have been a bit defectivec as it was on a different number in the morning than what I set earlier. The bathroom was clean, although it felt a bit dated. Single cup coffee maker in room but no refrigerator or microwave, although the hotel book said you could request a microwave. The information book very oddly directed one to off-site properties for fitness center and pool; I had to call the front desk to find if they actually had a pool and where it was (at the end of a corridor behind the front desk with no signage from the lobby elevator doors). Once I found it, the decent-sized pool was very clean as was the whirlpool; and the fitness center featured half a dozen machines including a recumbant exercise bike.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Glen Allen, Va
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I checked in...the staff was courteous. Went to my room; it was a handicapped access room. I went to the front desk to tell them I did not ask for a handicapped access room and was told by the front desk staff they were told by their supervisor no to move anyone to any other room than where the guest is originally placed. Really? What about customer service? I told the staff I did not like the shower in handicapped rooms (and, I don't like that the door to the bathroom closes and cannot be left open). The staff said the hotel had two groups at the hotel, and they did not want to have to re-do the list if someone is moved. Really? I am a guest and do not like the room and cannot move? So, I sucked it up and tried to understand. The paint was peeling off on the ceiling of the bathroom also. Yucky. I did get a door stop from housekeeping to prop the bathroom door open, but it blocked the entrance door. Ho hum.
I called security one evening because there was too much noise next door. I gave it until 10 pm to call the front desk (they were the ones that called security, supposedly) to advise the noise level was too high for this time of evening. The noise was still going on between 10:20 to 10:30 pm.
I will not stay here again, ever! Just be forewarned. I know why I stay at Hilton and Marriott chain properties and do not recommend Radisson based on my experience here. It may be a property-specific incident, but I am not willing to stay here again. Would you?

Room Tip: Go to the supervisor directly to get what you want if the room doesn't meet your expectation.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GMRadissonLansing, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Lois,

I would like to personally apologize for the issues that you experienced throughout your stay. I have addressed these concerns with our Front Desk staff and Maintenance department. I did inspect the room after your survey, and did see the ceiling as you noted. This is unacceptable, and has been repaired since.

I am truly sorry that you did not 100% enjoy your visit with us; please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss anything further.

Bryan Johnson
Mount Clemens, Michigan
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Would definitely recommend this hotel. Outstanding service all the way around. Attended a wedding on 9.21.2013 and it was beautiful. The entire staff did a great job on everything. You couldn't ask for any better. The room was clean and enviting, just like home. Even the housekeeping staff were nice. I can't remember all the people's names I came in contact with, but a few that stood out. Allison the front desk manager, terrfic employee. Jodi was also a big plus. Jason the valet guy was very helpful. Everybody I had contact with at the hotel was very nice.

Room Tip: great view from our room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay.

Thank you for the kind words, and I will pass on the appreciation accordingly.