“Nice Full Service Downtown” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Holland, Ohio
“Nice Full Service Downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I hesitated to book this hotel based on the last couple of reviews but I needed a Radisson stay to complete their latest promotion. I found the hotel a little dated but otherwise very pleasant. The staff was great, the rooms clean and overall we enjoyed out stay. With the renovation they have planned I expect the Radisson major improvements as well. Bottom line, if you need a hotel convenient to downtown Lansing this is a great choice.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Service was impeccable. Starting with the parking valet who met me as I drove up,welcomed me, handled my luggage and parked my car, then the competent and engaging front desk staff who checked me in, then Room Service staff who delivered a perfectly cooked meal, everyone seemed interested in me as a person, not just a job.

The room was clean and comfortable, with a sleep number bed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
St. Charles, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed at the Radisson, Lansing for a destination wedding. We stayed (2) nights. The hotel was very clean and staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The Sleep Number beds are wonderful, all hotels should have them. The wedding and banquet facility was also very nice. Very pleased with our stay.

Adrian, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

Honestly the worst hotel I ever stayed in, the rooms are old the TV remote didn’t work and the wallpaper was falling off the walls. The people next to us must have had a party going on with another room in the hotel because the room door was slamming shut repeatedly like there was a group of people coming and going till 4:30 am. I have never written a review before….I just think people should be aware of this place it’s definitely not worth the money.

Room Tip: Avoid this place
Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Our experience at this hotel was mixed. We were at a conference that met across the street at the Lansing Center. It seems that this is the only hotel in walking distance (but I'm not positive about that), so with little competition, there doesn't seem to be much incentive to go the extra mile in the accommodations.
The employees were very helpful, with great attitudes. This includes both the front desk staff, wait staff in the hotel restaurant, and valets. The lobby was warm and inviting, with a table full of a variety of cookies and punch for our group.
On the other hand, guest rooms were disappointing. Ours (and other rooms, based on talking to friends also staying in the hotel) badly needed updating; the wallpaper was old and stained; the carpets in the room seemed clean (walking around in white socks didn't leave them dirty); but the hallway carpets were badly stained and looked pretty grungy. Good friends had a room that was filthy, with greasy dirt on the blow dryer, trash between the couch and the nightstand; it was so bad they requested (and received without trouble) a new room. Our furniture was dated and old; the TV looked to be about 10 yrs old, and the couch was worn and threadbare.
The bathroom was clean, but also needs updating.

Room Tip: If there is a baseball game, ask for a room facing the river so you can enjoy the post game firework...
Saginaw, MI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed here two years ago and had a very nice experience with a great room that was clean. So basically everything about our room is unsatisfactory other than the bed. So I will start with the bed, it is fantastic and works exactly as it should. The sheets were clean and the bed was made pretty good. That was about all the good I can say about the room. The wall paper is literally falling off the walls. The floor looks as if it is maybe vacuumed once a week. I purposely left some obvious stuff on the floor to see if it would be vacuumed, that was not the case. The corners of the room are full of dust and they put some stuff in the room between cleanings that makes the room smell like a retirement facility after a perfume demonstration. Mirrors are dirty and the window to see the view of Lansing is so covered in bird poop I don't even want to open the shades. The television is incredibly outdated and it looks like someone shopped at a second hand shop to purchase the couch. The WIFI is a complete tragedy and if you want to have it "fixed" the front desk will patch you through to India to talk to a guy named "Mark". He will insist that it is your computer, or iPad or iPhone that is the problem. How can I have 3 devices work perfectly on every other WIFI connection but here? Wouldn't even need the WIFI except I had some work to do that I will not be able to complete from the "comfort" of my room. Would have been nice to watch Netflix since the channel selection on the TV is almost as poor as the picture on the television. I couldn't even send this wonderful review with out the connection timing out. Went to relax in the "hot tub" with my wife, barely broke a sweat as the water was so tepid. Really like the location as we can walk to the Lansing center for our conferences, but I will drive into town next time and stay at the Courtyard or something that is about 4 miles away. Had a coupon for the breakfast buffet, the waitress would not even bring us a water. The eggs and everything else like the potatoes were cold and borderline tasteless. I would not have paid for this breakfast. Maybe because it was included in the room they give you the same quality of food as the room? I expect a little more for 114.00 a night, not expecting the Hilton, but clean and maintained would be great.

Room Tip: Select a different hotel if possible.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
bmj0326, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
I want to personally apologize for the issues that you experienced and express my disappointment that we did not exceed your expectations.

We've began a renovation for the next 4 months that will include our guest rooms and public spaces to be completed. It seems that you stayed in one of our unrenovated rooms, but that does not excuse the issues with the housekeeping and maintenance of the room.

I would love the opportunity to make this right for you and discuss your concerns further. I can be contacted directly through the hotel at 517-482-0188. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience so that I can assist in resolution.

Regards,
Bryan Johnson
Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

A few years ago, the hotel was getting a little tired. Seems to be more pep in the staff, rooms are updated, restaurant has a better menu and the little touches like complimentary bottles of water are back. Pleasant place all around.

• Stayed April 2012