“Good value!”

Quality Suites Hotel
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 25, 2008

I have to admit that following all of the glowing reviews, I must have had unreasonably high expectations. Our stay was very comfortable and enjoyable, but not "out of this world." The hotel is very clean and the rooms are equally clean. We really have no complaints. One observation was that the bathroom was a little small. On the other hand, the social hour in the evening was above average and the made-to-order breakfast in the morning was above average. If our travels take us to Lansing again, we would consider staying here again.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank site_fan
There are newer reviews for Quality Suites Hotel

Reviewed July 23, 2008

Just checked in at about 9 p.m. on July 23. All looked very good per other reviews here. However, when we went in the bedroom of the suite we discovered a very loud rooftop mechanical unit (not just for the room, but for the whole hotel) operating just outside the window. This is room 401. We asked to be moved but the only other room available was on the main floor in an atrium with lots of activity, a large television going, etc. Moreover, though it's almost drowned out by the mechanical system noise, the toilet leaks and runs every 5 minutes.

I'm not about to ask for toilet repair at 9:30 p.m. when we're tired and want to go to bed. I called across the street to the Residence Inn, but they have no vacancies. If we had a choice I'd check out and go elsewhere, but this late at night I don't want to go wandering, so we're stuck.

It may be a nice place, but avoid room 401 (and probaly 301, which would likely be even closer to the mechanical noise).

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank FishingPastor
Reviewed May 29, 2008

This is the best hotel experience ever. All the things you ever wanted in a hotel room and more - ergonomically designed from the hidden cords to the bathroom night light - equisite bedding - drinks and snacks in afternoon - made to order breakfast - lots of room where needed - and the price was very right - I'd stay at a property like this every chance I got.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jennie39
Reviewed May 25, 2008

I was going to write a review saying this was the worst hotel....to keep it a SECRET. Great rate, slept well, do I want the world to discover it? They might not have a room for me in the future if it becomes too popular. But since I rarely go to Lansing, the proper thing to do is to share the secret. It is/they are, Toni and Tom, who fix you the BEST, quick, cooked-to-order breakfast...and like all the many staff I met, they are enthusiastic!!!!!!! about what they do and taking care of "their friends." Although I was a 1-nighter I was treated in as friendly a manner as those who had been their many nights. Toni and Tom knew so many guests, how they wanted their eggs, what they drank, they are EXCEPTIONAL people, you just love to tip them. The rooms are not 5 star, but hey.....it's Lansing, not Palm Beach. They are generous, well equipped suites with 2 big TV's, clean, a very comfortable bed. Were I a MSU fan for any sporting event I know where I'd stay. My peers on this business trip stayed in the big-bucks downtown emporium, not much to write home about based on an adequate dinner. But for someone who wants to be made to feel special, this is one of the top places ANYWHERE. People DO make a difference, and Toni and Tom and their associates do that here. Given the way the State of Michigan is treating me lately I can't really say I'm looking forward to my next tript to Lansing, but then again I AM! Because, if they have a room for me, I'll be stopping here at the Quality Suites. Great location too, 10 mins to downtown, free parking, what's not to like?

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
5  Thank essexofwessex
Reviewed May 24, 2008

This is a great hotel. Beautiful atrium, gazebo, appetizers with free drinks in the evening, hot breakfast (eggs, meat, hashbrowns, waffles, etc.). Rooms with fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. Excellent service, very clean rooms, great beds, I'm definitely coming back here!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
4  Thank astib
Reviewed April 28, 2008

We stayed in the Lansing Quality Suites last weekend while we were in town for a gymnastics meet. When I discovered that I had locked my keys in the car, I went to the front desk for help. The general manager, Mike Rice was there and immediately offered to help. He had a wire coat hanger that he said we could try, he called the police, he looked up the phone number for my auto insurance on-line, and let me use his cell phone. But best of all, when I told him that we were trying to get to church, he offered to drive us in the van.

We have stayed in many convenience hotels similar to this one but have never had such an outstanding experience. Generally the front desk staff are friendly but not overly helpful. This was not the case at this Quality Suites. Not only was Mike remarkable, but the food service and other staff were as well.

We also were impressed with the size, and set up of the room, the hot breakfast, the social hour and gathering areas. We will definitely stay in this hotel again, should we end up in Lansing. I will also look for Quality Suites in other towns.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank marnoffski
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Oh my goodness! I had to write a Review because our Stay was AMAZING!!! I was traveling with 6 of my Consultants for our Spring Career Conference with Mary Kay Cosmetics. We typically stay in the downtown area for ease of travel. Oh my goodness I am so glad that I contacted the Quality Suites DIrectly and talked with Mike the GM. He was funny and professional! He offered to persoanlly drive our group back and forth to the conference site while we stayed @ his hotel! I was floored! The rooms were SOOOOO clean and Spacious! The Morning Cook Tom was Wonderful! Sarah at the Front desk was phenominal! Bill, the head of security drove us at one point and was great! I would TOTALLY drive to Lansing again, just to stay at this Hotel! I RATE it FIVE STARS+++++

The staff were wonderful and if you are considering whether or no to stay here-----Don't hesitate----Plan on staying here for a Wonderful Experience!!!

Amy Sigler, Sales Director