“Nice Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Indiana
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very clean and comfortable. Really nice common meeting area. Great Breakfast. Plenty of room for large groups being by a university. We were happy to get their last room as we were traveling thru MI. Michigan does not have enough hotels. Never travel without reservations. The manager held the room for a few minutes as we drove there so that we could have a room that night. He even discounted the rate because it was so late. Very nice place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JasonFawaz, Manager at University Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thanks for your review! We're glad you were able to stay with us during your trip. We hope to see you during your next visit to Lansing!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed just one night but I really enjoyed my stay. Check in was smooth and fast and the people at the front desk very friendly and extremely helpful. My friend and I are a bit silly sometimes and they actually joked around a bit with us.
Beyond that they have cookies at the front desk, a great free breakfast, and they give you beverage coupons. One for each person and one for each night of your stay good for well mixed drinks, beer, soft drinks and juice. It's a small bar but nice and you can pay the difference if you want to have them use top shelf.
The room was very clean and came with a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker, ironing board and hairdryer. The only thing was with two girls...they definately need more electric outlets near the vanity and also could use another towel rack.
Bed was very comfortable and the hotel was quiet all night so we had no trouble sleeping. Our only regret was that we didn't have time to swim in the indoor pool!
Anytime I go to a concert or event in Lansing and need a place to crash...I'll go back to this Quality Inn. Oh and there is every fast food place imaginable within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JasonFawaz, Manager at University Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope the outlets weren't too much of an inconvenience! We hope to see you again!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed over the 4th of July weekend. We had a great stay there. There were tons of things that made our stay special - they have a nice swimming pool which I loved. They do have complimentary internet which was a plus. Free breakfast - waffles, fruits, cereal, toast, yogurt, OJ, coffee - which was really nice. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Super convenient parking. Great location with Dunkin Donuts and Walgreens few steps away. Last but not the least, the most courteous and warm staff ever! They were incredibly friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived. We couldn't have asked for more! Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review! We're happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope you had a Happy 4th!
Grand Isle, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I am very picky when it comes to hotels, but this place had NOTHING for me to complain about! My husband and I were in the area and needed a place to stay. The GPS brought up this place, and we really took a chance. It was VERY clean. We were given 2 "beverage" coupons, which could have been used for soft drinks, wine, beer, etc. They have a very nice pool. The breakfast is AWESOME! You can make your own waffles, in a waffle iron! They have hot items, fruit, and more.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your response! We always love hearing that we've exceeded our guest's expectations. We hope to see you again! :)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights while visiting family in Michigan. The rates are reasonable and our expectations were low. We needed a place to sleep, basically. The rooms are rather small, the carpeting rather old, and the doors are difficult to shut without force; the hotel is a little worn. The positives: Exceedingly courteous staff, fresh, complimentary cookies, a nice swimming pool, and a bar with reasonable prices ($3 beers). The negatives: Tiny bathrooms with no ventilation, weak wifi connectivity, and a breakfast buffet (although free) from hell. We've never had a worse breakfast in a similar hotel. Even the coffee was awful.

I get the fact that tourist hotels are hit or miss, and my expectations aren't particularly high when I visit one. This place was passable and a decent value, but hardly a hotel I would seek out or use again if visiting the area. We have stayed in better on previous visits to the area.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your review. We always strive to exceed our guests' expectations and I apologize that your stay fell short. We do have updates planned for the hotel that will address some of the concerns you mentioned. We hope you'll stay with us again during your next trip to the area.
Marinette, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I found that the entire staff was very friendly and very helpful to make my stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Front desk people were fast and efficient, cleaning people were friendly, rooms were clean and neat. Parking was good. Morning breakfast was good with many options for eating, and in a clean room with attendant making sure all items were full. I will stay here again when I return to Lansing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and for recognizing the efforts of our team. We hope to see you during your next trip to the area!
Traverse City, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I live in Northern Michigan and make frequent trips to the Lansing area, which requires an overnight stay. I've stayed at a number of hotels in the Lansing area, but this is one of my favorites. The staff are probably the friendliest of any hotel in the area. I am always greeted with a friendly hello upon my arrival. The rooms are clean. The workout room has equipment that actually works, and this is important to me, especially in the winter time when I don't want to go outside to run. The pool area and hot tub are nice. Kids really like the large pool and slide. If you want to have a beer in the evening the hotel has a nice bar near the pool area. MSU's campus is just a couple of miles away and is a beautiful area to go for a walk with your spouse. The breakfast is decent for a free continental breakfast, but I am not all that fond of the reconstituted eggs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JasonFawaz, Manager at University Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thanks for your review! Our staff will be happy to see their friendliness recognized. I'll be sure to pass this along! We're working on sourcing out new breakfast items. Hopefully, our breakfast options are more to your liking during your next stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Comfort Inn
SpringHill Suites Lansing
SpringHill Suites Lansing
#10 of 25 in Lansing
Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U

Been to University Quality Inn? Share your experiences!