“No complaints WHATSOEVER!”

Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Grand Isle, Maine
“No complaints WHATSOEVER!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I am very picky when it comes to hotels, but this place had NOTHING for me to complain about! My husband and I were in the area and needed a place to stay. The GPS brought up this place, and we really took a chance. It was VERY clean. We were given 2 "beverage" coupons, which could have been used for soft drinks, wine, beer, etc. They have a very nice pool. The breakfast is AWESOME! You can make your own waffles, in a waffle iron! They have hot items, fruit, and more.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
JasonFawaz, Manager at University Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thanks for your response! We always love hearing that we've exceeded our guest's expectations. We hope to see you again! :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights while visiting family in Michigan. The rates are reasonable and our expectations were low. We needed a place to sleep, basically. The rooms are rather small, the carpeting rather old, and the doors are difficult to shut without force; the hotel is a little worn. The positives: Exceedingly courteous staff, fresh, complimentary cookies, a nice swimming pool, and a bar with reasonable prices ($3 beers). The negatives: Tiny bathrooms with no ventilation, weak wifi connectivity, and a breakfast buffet (although free) from hell. We've never had a worse breakfast in a similar hotel. Even the coffee was awful.

I get the fact that tourist hotels are hit or miss, and my expectations aren't particularly high when I visit one. This place was passable and a decent value, but hardly a hotel I would seek out or use again if visiting the area. We have stayed in better on previous visits to the area.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your review. We always strive to exceed our guests' expectations and I apologize that your stay fell short. We do have updates planned for the hotel that will address some of the concerns you mentioned. We hope you'll stay with us again during your next trip to the area.
Marinette, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I found that the entire staff was very friendly and very helpful to make my stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Front desk people were fast and efficient, cleaning people were friendly, rooms were clean and neat. Parking was good. Morning breakfast was good with many options for eating, and in a clean room with attendant making sure all items were full. I will stay here again when I return to Lansing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and for recognizing the efforts of our team. We hope to see you during your next trip to the area!
Traverse City, Michigan, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I live in Northern Michigan and make frequent trips to the Lansing area, which requires an overnight stay. I've stayed at a number of hotels in the Lansing area, but this is one of my favorites. The staff are probably the friendliest of any hotel in the area. I am always greeted with a friendly hello upon my arrival. The rooms are clean. The workout room has equipment that actually works, and this is important to me, especially in the winter time when I don't want to go outside to run. The pool area and hot tub are nice. Kids really like the large pool and slide. If you want to have a beer in the evening the hotel has a nice bar near the pool area. MSU's campus is just a couple of miles away and is a beautiful area to go for a walk with your spouse. The breakfast is decent for a free continental breakfast, but I am not all that fond of the reconstituted eggs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
JasonFawaz, Manager at University Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thanks for your review! Our staff will be happy to see their friendliness recognized. I'll be sure to pass this along! We're working on sourcing out new breakfast items. Hopefully, our breakfast options are more to your liking during your next stay with us.
Michigan
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My elderly mother had an early morning medical procedure scheduled, so I booked a hotel for us near the medical facility. This hotel was not my first choice, but others nearby were booked, so I reserved it online.
What a pleasant surprise! Very nice room with very comfy beds, full hot breakfast, fresh cookies, and very helpful, friendly staff. There were even complimentary bar coupons which we used for wine at bedtime. The only thing keeping it from a 5 rating is the somewhat inconvenient location, on a one way headed east in a fairly busy shopping area. I would definitely use it again, though. An added surprise was that upon checkout, the room was $30 LESS than I had booked it for.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, west side, and though it's a busy commercial/shopping area, it was v...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank queenanne48
Thanks for your review! While we agree that the roads can be a bit intimidating, I'm glad that you were still able to enjoy our hotel! We hope everything went well with the procedure. Keep us in mind for any other trips to the area.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We lived here for 2 nights. Great place with lot of amenities. The staff was really friendly. I would recommend to anyone. Best value for your money with swimming pool, gym, pool, bar etc....
My kids also enjoyed it a lot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer H
Thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Quality Inn! We hope to see you again soon!
chicago
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We booked 3 nights but had to leave after 2 nights due to some unforeseen circumstance, the manager was very cold and won't refund the money for the night we did not stay, and that was before 11 AM when we checked out.

We have been a choice hotel member for many years, and have stayed with choicehotels as much as we could, now I feel like a sucker for believing in the greetings - "thanks for being loyal customer" (parapharase) when I checked in choicehotels.

About the hotel, it is near highway exit, many people come in and out, some do not appear to be guest, there was a white van with people inside sitting in the parking lot idiling for a good 20+ min.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
JasonFawaz, Manager at University Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry for the confusion regarding your reservation. I looked further into this and discovered that you had an advanced purchase rate which are, unfortunately, non-refundable. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Travelers are raving about these Lansing hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Comfort Inn
Quality Suites Hotel
Quality Suites Hotel
#4 of 25 in Lansing
Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U

Been to University Quality Inn? Share your experiences!