“What a fun weekend ~ great hotel!!!”

University Quality Inn
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed at your hotel with around 20 high school girls, 4 managers, 3 coaches kids and 4 rooms of chaperones. You not only offered plenty of space to review game films, eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, swim, hot tub...but you also put up with us! Your front desk crew showed a lot of patience, professionalism and poise in dealing with all of us! We appreciate your facility and staff and we will return. Great idea with the drink tickets and your bartender was an awesome guy! Great job...looking forward to staying with you again!

Room Tip: You may need to request fans in some of the rooms, during the summer. The front desk provides you wi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
JasonFawaz, Director of Sales at University Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We remember your team! You were a delight tmo have here and we look forward to having you back during your next trip to Lansing! :-)

There are newer reviews for University Quality Inn

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend in March and the experience was fantastic! The staff was exceptional, the accommodations were perfect, and the amenities were of top quality. We had a King Jacuzzi room, which also included a sofa, a flat-screen TV, full bathroom and bathtub, and desk. Upon arrival the staff was informative and friendly, the room was VERY clean, the bed was made perfectly. We arrived late so we didn't get a chance to enjoy the indoor pool, but we did enjoy a few complimentary drinks at the bar, where the drinks were delicious and the bartender was attentive and friendly as well. We had a restful, undisturbed sleep in the comfortable bed. This room also had a ceiling fan, which I found especially helpful for cooling off and lulling me into sleep. The free breakfast in the morning was not lacking either, it had a wide spread of any breakfast food choice (including Belgian waffles), served in a clean and well-organized room outside of the lobby. Overall, I have no complaints about this hotel - everything we experienced was done to perfection!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
JasonFawaz, Director of Sales at University Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel! I'll be sure to share your review with the rest of the staff! They'll be happy to know that they exceeded your expectations!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Temperatures in the low 80s and have been in the 70s for sewveral days. They "haven't turn on the central air conditioning yet. We we're expecting this weather." Seems no one here watches TV because it has been in the 70s for days and predicting 80s for over a week. Asa a very frequent traveler - over 70 nights a year - this is inexcusable. The offered to bring us a fan. Whippee Skippee!!

Room Tip: Air conditioning and heating system is centralized and not controled in the individual rooms. Lesson...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
JasonFawaz, Director of Sales at University Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We actually have contractors here installing a new A/C system and we haven't switched over which is why the air wasn't on. We were never expecting it to be this hot when we scheduled the installation last January! I'd love to have you stay with us again after we switch over to the new system. Please give us a call when you travel to Lansing next!

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I have stayed here every month for almost 2 years for work and it is beyond my expectations every time. There are not many hotels that you can find a free hot breakfast, 2 free drinks (alcoholic or non) a night, as well as wireless internet and really anything else you need. If something is wrong, they fix it, if something is needed, they find it. EXCELLENT and beyond value for the price!

Room Tip: Rooms within the pool area are great, usually come with an in-room jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
JasonFawaz, Director of Sales at University Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! We're happy to hear that we exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Lansing! :-)

Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stayed for one night for a family reunion. Overall, the hotel is one of the nicest in the area. The pool area is gated off, which we have young ones along and that is always nice, to keep them out of the pool area, but they can run around our tables set up. They have a really good slide in the shallow end of the pool. Our younger ones loved that and actually some of the bigger kids did too:). They have TV's so you can watch games while sitting around. The hot tub was a good temperature on that Saturday, but on Sunday morning kids were using it as a play pool, so us adults couldn't even get into it. That needs to be regulated more. Kids should not be jumping into a hot tub. The main pool temperature was nice and warm on Saturday, too. They have a bar right in the courtyard area that is really nice looking, but the drinks are expensive. You get two drinks tickets per room, but the mixed drinks were a joke, because they fill the very small glass all the way with ice, so that doesn't leave much room for beverage. We saw alot of people drinking from their own coolers. The rooms seemed clean, bathroom vanity area is really nice, but the bathroom shower and toilet is so small, it is hard to turn around in it. The beds were very comfortable.
My one complaint I have is that at 11:00pm they booted everybody out of the courtyard and wouldn't let anybody sit out there. They said it was for the people who had the poolside rooms, but to me if you book a pool side room you know it might be noisy at night. Did not appreciate being treated like children. We were adults (late 40's) sitting around the tables talking and were kicked out.That would be one of the only reasons I would not go back. And being winter, they should be doing something for the ice buildup in the parking lot.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
JasonFawaz, Director of Sales at University Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Thanks for your review and for the compliments about our facilities and our guest rooms! I apologize for the misunderstanding in the courtyard and it will be addressed with our staff. We hope you'll stay with us again during your next trip to Lansing!

Reviewed February 18, 2012

They turned on the overhead lights in the main area only 2 of the 5 nigts we were there. It would have been nice if they had turned them on all 5 mornings when breakfast was served. Anthony the person in charge of the desk and front end was absolutely outstanding. He is invaluable.

Room Tip: I will take photos next time. It is a great location if you need to be in Lansing or East Lansing
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
JasonFawaz, Director of Sales at University Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experiences at our hotel! Anthony always a great job and he'll be happy to see this review. I apologize for the lights. We'll make sure to do a better job of getting those turned on by a more reasonable time. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Lansing!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I traveled to Lansing to get away from work, stress, and the craziness of life. I have been to the University Quality Inn twice before, the last time being well over a year ago. When I arrived, the friendly staff greeted me with a huge smile. Each and every person at the front desk seemed to really love their job and they interact with people extremely well. The GM even remembered me from the last time I was there and greeted me by name. That does not happen too often. He has trained his staff to be the epitome of service and it truly shows. I checked into my room and I could tell that the friendly and caring customer service at the front desk continued into the room. It was extremely clean and well maintain. All of the furniture was up to date and well maintained. I do not have a single complaint about the room. The bed was comfortable and the room smelled clean, unlike some hotels. Although the bathroom was small, it was very clean and in good working order.

The noise level of the hotel was not too bad, even though there is a common area with a pool and several games and a bar right outside of my room. It was a great place to hang out at the end of the day, to meet new friends from all over the country. You also get two free drinks at the bar, which is a huge plus!

The staff was also very knowledgeable about places to eat and things to do. They gave me some really good tips on some really good restaurants and they will help you with ordering food into the hotel.

All in all, it was a spectacular visit and a very comfortable stay. I will be back to what has become a vacation home for me!

Room Tip: If you like to be in the mix of things, ask for a room near the pool!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
JasonFawaz, Director of Sales at University Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Thank you for your review and for recognizing the efforts of our staff! We strive to go above and beyond to make sure each guest feels welcome. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Lansing!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Comfort Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lansing
Quality Suites Hotel
Quality Suites Hotel
#4 of 26 in Lansing

Been to University Quality Inn? Share your experiences!